Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for One Connect box to get really hot?

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 04:24 PM)
Shell20
Apprentice
Options

We have qe55q95t but the One Connect box gets really hot. No gaming involved, just regular tv. It’s on a shelf on it own, with loads of room all around it.  We’re worried it may cause a fire or fail in the short term.  When our sky box started getting hot sky replaced immediately due to fire hazard.  So a tad concerned here.  Is it normal to be this hot?  We’re seriously considering returning tv because of this.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Shell20: Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Some heat is to be expected when the One Connect box is powered on, and has been operational for a while, however if you are concerned then I recommend reaching out to our AV Team via the link below, where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Mike_P
Navigator
Options
my Q9 one connect box is the same. no issues over last 18 months, but agree it runs hot.
0 Likes
Acetomb
First Poster
Options

I have model number SOC1001N, I've had the TV for 2 years and now the one connect box is overheating. Overheating to the point the signal to the TV is lost, blurred lines and cutting out. This is using standard TV for a period no more than 3 hours! Couldn't even get through the football match this week :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth: I have to literally blow on the air vents to cool it down or let it rest for an hour before i can turn the tv on again. Surely a £2000 tv should last longer than 2 years!!

0 Likes
brandbuy_neveragain
First Poster
Options

Never, ever, ever, ever gonna buy this brand again!!!!!!!

And never ever gonna do updates again!

After last update qe65q9 I've got a big horizontal line form left to right. And guess what....samsung warranty expired two months ago!!!!!

And the connect box also overheating!

Good premium products!

0 Likes