Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR light continuously flashing and remote only powers on

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 08:38 PM)
STEVENS3010
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a UE50MU6120 TV and as of today the IR light is continuously on flashing and any button I press on the remote just turns the tv off and on again.

ive tried various suggestions to try and reset the remote, but nothing seems to work. I've tried a remote from a second Samsung tv in the house and it's the same result.

please can somebody help?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@STEVENS3010: Can you try removing any external devices that are connected to the TV, unplug it at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in to see if this helps?
0 Likes
STEVENS3010
First Poster
Options

Just tried, still the same. I've tried changing batteries, powering off and on, tried a different remote, tried resetting the remote, nothing is working. 

0 Likes
STEVENS3010
First Poster
Options

Can anybody help?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @STEVENS3010 

Have you tried resetting the TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Note any settings you may have adjusted will revert to the factory settings of the TV.

0 Likes
amcguire62
First Poster
Options

Hi - i have quite a similar problem but its slightly worse since i cant reset the pin (the mute button is also not working) so device is going around in circles. As the pin reset relies on 'mute' i cant do the reset so cant reinstall to factory settings. Bizarre problem. Also vol is set to 100 (ie very loud) and wont adjust down. 

0 Likes