Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
Spike7
Apprentice
Options

That’s what I was told to do by Samsung but only available if you have Windows, they don’t have an upgrade on Mac.

0 Likes
Woodie49
Student
Options
Hi Peter, I have another model ue32J5200 and, like you, the software update is not available so I am not feeling too smug! Let's hope Samsung gets its act together soon.
Merry Christmas, Colin
0 Likes
abbeywell
Apprentice
Options

Good news this end, check your TV I had no new update message at 8pm last night at 11pm I checked again and there was a new update to download, I downloaded it and iPlayer is now back

suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Excellent!  Which model do you have?  Thanks

0 Likes
abbeywell
Apprentice
Options

I have a 32F5000 HD  

0 Likes
suewoo
Journeyman
Options

Thanks - does anyone have any news on updates for UE22H5600 ? - still waiting for Samsung technician to call me with update to be installed remotely!

0 Likes
Hanf
Apprentice
Options

I also have UE22H5600. No new updates for me. Still 2900. Also have 2 EU40H5500 too.

0 Likes
Fairplay
Student
Options

Same with my TV - no update available. I would say that it's unlikely that we will get a software update anytime soon. If enough of us stand up to the BBC and complain we may be able to force a rollback of the iPlayer change.

0 Likes
MattUKUser
First Poster
Options

Same issue on my UE46H7000 with s/w version 2900 which only updated last week or so.

After a couple of days of it not working I've just looked on-line to see this post.

I really hope they sort this out or I'll have to get a Chrome dongle.

Just spoke to my father who has an older UE55F8000ST. His software has never updated (much to his frustration) and it's on version 1136.
On iPlayer his TV shows the warning about upgrading the software but it plays programs fine.

0 Likes
Chrispalm
First Poster
Options

Like a lot of other people iPlayer has stopped working. My TV isn't on the list of models that won't work and there is no update available on tv or any actual firmware on the product page.

Anyone know of a solution?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE60J6240AKXXU/

Thanks

0 Likes