Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
Colbar
First Poster
Options

Same problem here on my UE32F5500AKXXU. My sw version was 2126 and it appeared that there was "no update available at the moment"

Went to Samsung/Product Help and Support, manuals and software downloads, TV and AV, Then entered my model number. Lo and behold, an upgrade 2127 came up so I downloaded to my laptop, extracted the file to a USB, inserted the USB into my TV.

Now, when I tried a software update, a message appeared - do I want to search the USB for upgrades, yes, and the new sw downloaded, Tv switched off automatically, restarted and I now have BBC iPlayer back.

Hope this helps

CF6
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I checked on the compatibility with the Now stick and it said for models that have this only:

'Just look at the model number – if there’s a K, L, M, N, Q or R in the middle, then you should have a compatible TV.'

Mine saysUE32H4500... so looks like no good for me!!:(

0 Likes
DebsBro
Journeyman
Options
Oh no that’s me too, looks like I will have to record everything:( Thank you for very quick response 😊
0 Likes
Woodie49
Student
Options

I have had the same problem with UE32F5500. The solution is to visit the Samsung support site and download the update file ( including very simple but detailed instructions to install the update file manually from a USB.)  Works a treat and in good time for Christmas!

0 Likes
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

Hi woodie

Thanks for your update, unfortunately the update file for my TV's is version 2900 which is the one which does not work.  This is the same version that many of the people on this thread are complaining about.

Glad you got yours sorted.

regards

Peter

0 Likes
PeterPan99
Journeyman
Options
Oh dear!... That means it probably won't work for me either! I didn't see that compatibility list before I ordered the Now TV Stick 😞
Oh well, I suppose I'll just give it a try anyway, now that it's ordered. At least I only ordered the basic at £15, not the one with an Entertainment (or other) Pass at £40.
0 Likes
AshleyA
First Poster
Options

IPlayer not working on my UE32F5500AK despite numerous attempts to update there are non available. Really disappointed that a perfectly fine TV from what i considered to be a great manufacturer suddenly stops working.  The fact that it had iPlayer was one of the key reasons for purchasing it in the first place, seems that at a time when we should be encouraged to retain TVs as long as possible we must bin it and buy a new one!

0 Likes
Kath2Fix
Student
Options

Thanks so much! This worked for my Samsung UE42F5500AK.

Did exactly what you said and it worked a treat, so pleased!

Hope it helps others!

0 Likes
Kath2Fix
Student
Options
Worked for my UE42F5500AK as well -thank you so much!
0 Likes
Kath2Fix
Student
Options

Try this as quoted from another panel member (thank you):

My sw version was 2126 and it appeared that there was "no update available at the moment"

Went to Samsung/Product Help and Support, manuals and software downloads, TV and AV, Then entered my model number. Lo and behold, an upgrade 2127 came up so I downloaded to my laptop, extracted the file to a USB, inserted the USB into my TV.

Now, when I tried a software update, a message appeared - do I want to search the USB for upgrades, yes, and the new sw downloaded, Tv switched off automatically, restarted and I now have BBC iPlayer back.

Hope this helps

It worked just as described for me - what a relief!

0 Likes