Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

iplayer suddenly not working on UE22H5600 or UE485700

(Topic created on: 09-12-2019 06:00 PM)
northern_boy
Apprentice
Options

iplayer started asking for a TV software update about an hour ago on both our  Samsung TV's, one 22" and one 48".  both are on version 2900 and both say there are no updates available.  Presumably something has changed in iplayer but since the BBC expects the manufacturers to support it only Samsubng can fix it.  Is there a fix coming for this as we use iplayer a lot.

Thanks

Peter 

Go to solution
96 REPLIES 96
Shocksmith
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on UE40H5500AK, running softwre version 2900 with no further updates available on through autoupdate or the Samsung support website.

0 Likes
Spike7
Apprentice
Options

Was told by Samsung to download the upgrade onto a USB. Only available on Windows and I have a mac. Rang them back and they said yes, only available on windows, nothing they can do!

0 Likes
Martin051281
First Poster
Options

Same thing has happened on my samsung UE55H6400AKXXU bit of a pain not releasing software for the recent updates. Someone should be held accountable for this. BBC should be providing some support to Samsung to rectify this problem with speed. 

0 Likes
Noiplayer
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with my tv Model UE48H6670ST. Tried updating software but iplayer still won't work. 

0 Likes
Spike7
Apprentice
Options

Seems to be Samsung not BBC. If there was a way to update software then maybe BBC would work but as Samsung does not support Mac then its impossible.

0 Likes
DebsBro
Journeyman
Options
Hi so like everyone else my UE40H7000 Isn’t working and isn’t listed. So if I purchase a Now Tv stick, do I need to subscribe to Now TV, also can you please advise where to purchase the sticks. Thx for your help
0 Likes
PeterPan99
Journeyman
Options

Hi @DebsBro,

[I have NO experience of the Now TV Stick, but...]

If you google it, Argos will offer the stick with (for example) a 3 months "Cinema Pass" for £39.99.  After the 3 months, you would have to renew the subscription, or loose the Cinema Pass (there is also a Sky Sports Pass, which is similar, but more expensive, and an Entertainment Pass)

However, if you go to https://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick, you can buy the basic stick (NO Sky Sports, NO Cinema, etc) for £14.99.  That says that it gives you catch-up services with NO subscription to pay.  (" Enjoy loads of Catch Up TV and your favourite apps.  Watch shows from your favourite channels On Demand, plus apps like Sky Store, YouTube, Vevo and UKTV Play.")

I have ordered one and HOPE that it lives up to these promises.

0 Likes
Shocksmith
First Poster
Options

@Debsbro

Get a Roku as they are not tied to any subscription provider. Also it might be worth holding fire for a few days to see Whther Samsung issue an update. 

0 Likes
Jersey88
First Poster
Options

Not a 'fix' but until Samsung get their act together I'll be running iPlayer in the MacBook and using AirBeam app to mirror to the Samsung TV. Better than faffing about for hours : ) 

0 Likes
Noiplayer
Apprentice
Options

B&M are selling Now  TV stick with 1 month entertainment pass for £15.99.  Stick only from Now TV website £14.99.

0 Likes