Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPlayer stuck on loading screen ue55js9000

(Topic created on: 24-06-2018 01:42 PM)
Mkz7212
Student
Options

I was unable to get the iPlayer 4K coverage on the World Cup and was

using the beta version of iPlayer. So to downgrade this I did a factory reset on the smart hub but now the iPlayer app just sticks at the loading screen. I have read elsewhere the app needs deleting and reinstalling via a engineers menu. 

Can you please advice how this is done

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Mkz7212 wrote:

I was unable to get the iPlayer 4K coverage on the World Cup and was

using the beta version of iPlayer. So to downgrade this I did a factory reset on the smart hub but now the iPlayer app just sticks at the loading screen. I have read elsewhere the app needs deleting and reinstalling via a engineers menu. 

Can you please advice how this is done

I am pretty sure your telly is as far as Samsung is concerned out of date and you will not be able to get the Iplayer 4K ever on the JS model. It does not work with HLG and that is the version that Iplayer and Sky will use. Sorry but you will need to buy another telly.

0 Likes
Mkz7212
Student
Options

Don’t be daft

i have a Samsung older than this working with iPlayer 

0 Likes
RN5
Student
Options

I've had the Iplayer "loading" problem for about a month, and Samsung support have just resolved it over the phone and via a remote connection to the TV.   They resolved it by resetting the SmartHub, changing the SmartHub country setting temporarily to the US, then changing it back again to UK.  This is done via the menu option Smart Hub... Reset Smart Hub and then on the Terms and Conditions page entering a hidden combination of remote keys.  That process presumably removes all the pre-installed apps then re-installs them, and that seems to do the trick. 

Details of the procedure to change the country setting can be found by Googling "How to Change a Smart Hub Region on a Samsung Smart TV"

Hope that helps.

0 Likes