Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer not working on my Smart TV

(Topic created on: 28-11-2018 05:34 PM)
Umborne
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone yet found a solution to the problem of iPlayer not working on a Smart TV? It stopped working on my UE32ES5500 back in June and I've tried everything that the BBC and Samsung have suggested, all to no avail. All other Apps, including ITV Hub and All 4 work fine

13 REPLIES 13
Gerrysom
First Poster
Options

Rang Samsung help desk and a nice lady re set my TV. It worked....for a while. It stopped working after a couple of hours. I think it's a bbc issue as the previous week I player was perfect. A bodged update I think. As a licence player I think it should be free to all, not logging in for any reason. 

0 Likes
Dazzle
Apprentice
Options

I think it was update-related when I had the issue too - I had been updating Plex and putting some other stuff on I think.  My iplayer is still working fine since the reset though.

I do login with mine ... but didnt realise that was mandatory now.  Seems a bit of a surprise because I doubt that everyone has a BBC account.

0 Likes
Elizater87
First Poster
Options

Our iplayer will not work anymore on our Samsung Smart tv.  Can you help please?

0 Likes
Dazzle
Apprentice
Options

There are a few threads on this.

Best thing to do is to phone Samsung support.

One other possible solution that was recently posted was to go to the BBC News app on your Smart Hub and update that ... it appeared to fix someone's iplayer issues.

Regards

0 Likes