Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
BrokenHearted
Student
Options

Great news and thanks to all .

BUT...

BUT...

Is there any similar fix for the UE48JU7000 please?

Unless I've missed something  this news only seems to relate to "K" models?

Thank you for any help you can give 👍

AntS
Options

@gfsracing wrote:

Can you confirm if it also fixes the colour issue as well

Happy to ask my colleagues for you, @gfsracing. Was this the gamma curve/washed out colours you mentioned previously?

0 Likes
gfsracing
Navigator
Options

thats the one

Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

@BrokenHearted wrote:

Great news and thanks to all .

BUT...

BUT...

Is there any similar fix for the UE48JU7000 please?

Unless I've missed something  this news only seems to relate to "K" models?

Thank you for any help you can give 👍

No. 2015's tv Samsung are not compatible with HLG.

Saverio Casadidio
Owb1cymru
First Poster
Options

I've just been on the UK Chat support and got it all sorted within 4/5 minutes. The USB with 1239.1 should be with me witin 3/7 business days for my 55KS8000

It's very easy to do, you just need your model number, serial number and current software version, all of which can be found in :  (Settings, Support, Contact Samsung)

I hope you all get it sorted as easily. Looking forward to seeing what changes it actually does and fingers crossed it will fix "most" of our issues.  

:hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

JTE
Navigator
Options

Similarly for the JS9000

0 Likes
Dazeboy
Explorer
Options

1231 firmware update notification just popped up is there any point of updating before my USB stick arrives in a few days could this hamper my ability to update to the 1239?

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
A number of you have PM'd me for link to firmware. I'm at work so can't respond at the moment. I will respond this evening.
0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options
I'm wondering if this is still a preview firmware, since they are only giving it away by USB to only those who ask for it.
0 Likes
Onpoint
Explorer
Options

@UHDHDR wrote:
I'm wondering if this is still a preview firmware, since they are only giving it away by USB to only those who ask for it.

It's now available for download from the Samsung website here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49KS7000UXXU/

If you have a different model then probably look that one up to be sure.

Edit: This is an older version, ignore me...

0 Likes