Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

I was given a link by someone on the Italian forum.  Forum members here can PM me and I will share you my own google drive link.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@blenky wrote:

I was given a link by someone on the Italian forum.  Forum members here can PM me and I will share you my own google drive link.

Thanks

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

Hopefully @tarbat can get his hands on this firmware and do some testing on the HLG curve from iPlayer via HDMI. I'm 100% confident that everything will work as it should, just as it does via the M9500 player.

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

Now Paul1277 must apologize and be ashamed. Paul1277 only blah blah blah.

He got another Italian smarthubtv user out of here by denying the evidence.

People like him should not be in the community.
I still remember the bitterness I had here when Paul was saying that I was lying when I said that Samsung Italia was working to get the fix. I remember everything that now turns against him. I had to get away from here and I did not share with you how much we came to know in Italy. All this thanks to Paul.
If I were in him I would hide with both the nicknames with which is registered here.
And do not dare to say again that the fix has arrived thanks to this discussion. He arrived thanks to the work of ERCOLINO with Samsung Italia. On Saturday, he would have come to you if Paul1277 had not questioned everything.

The ugly figure that Paul1277 has done must serve as a lesson.

I thank other people like Ants, mrarticle and Blenky who understood that what I reported here was reality.

The firmware was given by ERCOLINO through me to blenky.
So you have to thank the Digital Forum administrator ERCOLINO.
Without ERCOLINO e Samsung Italia perhaps the fix would never have arrived.

Saverio Casadidio
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options
ATTENTION

The firmware that has been given is valid only for KS and KU6400 and KU6500. for the other KUs the firmware is different.
Saverio Casadidio
chopples123
Voyager
Options

excellent news this, thanks @Saverio571 and the guys over at digital-forum.it

cheers

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:

Now Paul1277 must apologize and be ashamed. Paul1277 only blah blah blah.

He got another Italian smarthubtv user out of here by denying the evidence.

People like him should not be in the community.
I still remember the bitterness I had here when Paul was saying that I was lying when I said that Samsung Italia was working to get the fix. I remember everything that now turns against him. I had to get away from here and I did not share with you how much we came to know in Italy. All this thanks to Paul.
If I were in him I would hide with both the nicknames with which is registered here.
And do not dare to say again that the fix has arrived thanks to this discussion. He arrived thanks to the work of ERCOLINO with Samsung Italia. On Saturday, he would have come to you if Paul1277 had not questioned everything.

The ugly figure that Paul1277 has done must serve as a lesson.

I thank other people like Ants, mrarticle and Blenky who understood that what I reported here was reality.

The firmware was given by ERCOLINO through me to blenky.
So you have to thank the Digital Forum administrator ERCOLINO.
Without ERCOLINO e Samsung Italia perhaps the fix would never have arrived.

It's is fixed and I am happy,  so let's not go there. 

edindundee
Pioneer
Options

@BAMozzy

Many thanks for letting us know about the usb stick ordering information.

To all:

I've just ordered mine, here are the important parts from the live chat this morning:

On the TV remote press Home button>Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version.
I need to know if you have the T-JZMDEUC or T-JL6DEUC?
Also, I need your postcode, house number and best contact number.
Chris325
Explorer
Options

I just noted on the Samsung support there is a firmware update to 1231.1 for my KS9000. Does this do the same thing as the USB so I don't need to contact the Italian support? AntS we do need some help here! 

0 Likes
BobL
Journeyman
Options
I can confirm @BAMozzy's guidance. I have too just ordered my USB stick with firmware T-JZMDEUC-1239.1 for my KS TV (seemingly 8 versions higher that the latest OTA available to me). They say I will have it in a few days. I just used the Chat service on Samsung support as advised. No problem, they must be getting quite a few calls as I did not have to explain beyond asking for the HLG over HDMI firmware update. Strange that at present it is only available using a USB stick.
0 Likes