Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
edindundee
Pioneer
Options

@Saverio571

If you've used it, can you tell me which HDMI ports worked on the adapter? All of them? Or only a specific one?

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

This is no adapter. samsung recommends using HDMI1

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

The new firmware quoted is T-JZL6DEUC-1239.1  which appears to be for European Samsung KU series as the lastest for that range is T-JZL6DEUC_1230.5

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:

This is no adapter. samsung recommends using HDMI1

Like a 4K blu ray player with BBC Iplayer app that sends a HLG signal out. The problem is as we know is that the KS cannot receicve a HLG source except it seems fury and ruko, but not virgin

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

Paul, now tv works with sky's HLG. Before no. Sky's decoder is not Roku or Fury

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:

Paul, now tv works with sky's HLG. Before no. Sky's decoder is not Roku or Fury

I am not talking about just sky but any device that could send a HLG source via HDMI. At the moment the KS can not recieve HLG over HDMI unlike the Q series. We have been waiting for this update for ages and I found it hard to understand why it would take a company the size of Samsung to sort it. More like they just want us to buy new tellies. That is why the ks owners refund thread is quite popular.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

I'm merely interested in Sky - like it or not,  they provide best entertainment packages in UK.   And my 65" KS9500  is as good as anything out there

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

I'm merely interested in Sky - like it or not,  they provide best entertainment packages in UK.   And my 65" KS9500  is as good as anything out there

If they fix it for Sky then they fix it for everyone,  but we keep are getting rumors,  but nothing,  that it's just around the corner then nothing,  so I will not believe anything until the mods here say something or someone here says it is working. I have been on this forum from the beginning and heard to many times that a fix is near, especially from our Italian friend. As I have said I will not be holding my breath. 

AntS
Options

Hi guys. Just to let you know that I received a request to remove the anti-spambot filter stuff for digital-forum.it - which I've duly done out of respect for their forum's security and good upkeep.

Chris325
Explorer
Options

Hi AntS. Please advise whether the Italian firmware is coming to the UK? What it does and the timeline? Thanks Chris 

0 Likes