Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

Which curry store was this?

when did you purchase the TV initially?

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Point 2 is almost word for word I got via Twitter from @SamsungHelpUk on 14th December.  They haven't moved an inch.

They tweeted to me:

"We have enabled all 2016 UHD TV with UHD HDR HLG for Broadcast Services as promised, provided that the latest firmware version is installed. It must be noted this does not include IHD HDR HLG Content delivered via the BBC iPlayer Application as this is not a Broadcast Service. ^JJ"

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ronson808 wrote:

has anyone got an address to write to samsung head office about this?

im past emailing and wanted to let the head office know this is utterly unacceptable treatement...

On the Samsung support page near the bottom is a email link to the UK CEO.

Paul

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@blenky wrote:

@Point 2 is almost word for word I got via Twitter from @SamsungHelpUk on 14th December.  They haven't moved an inch.

They tweeted to me:

"We have enabled all 2016 UHD TV with UHD HDR HLG for Broadcast Services as promised, provided that the latest firmware version is installed. It must be noted this does not include IHD HDR HLG Content delivered via the BBC iPlayer Application as this is not a Broadcast Service. ^JJ"

Yes, they are just repeating the same lie.

"It must be noted that the promise did not exclude IHD HDR HLG Content delivered via the BBC iPlayer Application or any other options, therefore it is a fact that you have not enabled all 2016 UHD TV with UHD HDR HLG as promised."

Who is going to tell the BBC that they are no longer a broadcaster? I think they would be quite surprised to find out :smileyfrustrated:

0 Likes
sneakyvtr
Pioneer
Options

Sent off my email to Richer Sounds about refund via misrepresentation today. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Also bought on a credit card so will see if they play ball and if not go down the credit card route as well.

Shameful behaviour Samsung, sadly never again will I buy a flagship Samsung device. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @crashcris

@crashcris wrote:

@Anonymous User The moderator. Is something funny going on in this thread? I've noticed my "like" count has been dropping, a few days ago I had at least 77 likes (it may well have been more) and all of a sudden I now have 56? I'm not overly bothered about collecting "likes", my query is that I'm concerned that there may be an external influence being made on this thread and perhaps important  posts been removed.  Can you confirm what has been happening?

Many thanks.

With the amount and frequency being posted, some posts can end up in the Spam Quarantine we've got. I regularly check that to restore anything that shouldn't be there (for example, this morning I restored one of mrtickle's posts from over the weekend).

Other than that, all we've done is remove any duplicate posts, or edit out personal details/profanities (or re-inserted the odd "here" when the board was going all wibbly about it). None of your posts have been removed though, so unsure about any discrepancies in "likes" . But as of this morning, you've currently got 84 "likes" in total:

Crashcris.JPG

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

So looks like one chap had a 4 hour battle with curry's to get a refund and the rest of us are still being messed.

Had a crazy busy weekend but was keeping a look out here on and off.

sneakyvtr
Pioneer
Options

What is the latest with your case daleski75? Still waiting to hear back from CAB?

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@sneakyvtr wrote:

What is the latest with your case daleski75? Still waiting to hear back from CAB?

Yeah waiting on CAB and sent a polite email to Curry's asking for their deadline to be extended if possible if I do not hear back from CAB before the 25th.

Really looking forward to what CAB say as I think their answer is going to affect the outcome for nearly everyone who has brought their tv from currys in the past 18 months or so.

0 Likes
Logicearl
Journeyman
Options

Samsung! I thought they were called Samstung?

0 Likes