Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 14-12-2018 11:17 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
rozel
Voyager
Options

@AntS  Please do as I have suggested

AntS
Options

I don’t drop pearls of wisdom idly in order for them to be ignored. Please read what I put, think about it, and make yourselves better for it.

@rozel: I'm happy to close the thread upon request - and would definitely prefer a more positive discussion. But would that stop the pointless raking over the past, or would the argy-bargy simply spill into a new thread?

rozel
Voyager
Options

I think the "argy bargy" as you say would stop because we would be discussing revised subject.  If I start a new thread, would you close this one?  What do others think?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

I think the "argy bargy" as you say would stop because we would be discussing revised subject.  If I start a new thread, would you close this one?  What do others think?

If you do not agree with this thread then with all due respect don't contribute,  and start your own thread. It's easy to do. 

0 Likes
Grinch
Explorer
Options
Hi. I would like the link to the download site. Cheers
0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

It's not because I don't agree with this thread, I just feel a "Solution" has been found.  I will gladly start a new thread but only if this one is drawn to a close - what further purpose does this thread serve?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

It's not because I don't agree with this thread, I just feel a "Solution" has been found.  I will gladly start a new thread but only if this one is drawn to a close - what further purpose does this thread serve?

Whilst people are still posting and asking questions why? It is not really your place to demand it to be closed,  that is up to the moderators. You can go and start your own thread but you can not demand that this one be closed.  It may show solved,  which it is not as there  is still iPlayer hlg,  but the thread would still be public. Do you want this erased? 

rozel
Voyager
Options

There you go again - antagonising - you are expert at this aren't you?  Where have I demanded?  I have asked yes and suggested yes and put this through @AntS 

Think this is up to him to decide and your inputs are no longer required or deemed necessary

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

There you go again - antagonising - you are expert at this aren't you?  Where have I demanded?  I have asked yes and suggested yes and put this through @AntS 

Think this is up to him to decide and your inputs are no longer required or deemed necessary

But there is where you are wrong. I am entitled to post comments in just as you are as long as they are not abusive and demeaning and until such time as a moderator tells me other wise,  not you. 

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

But you said I was demanding and you can say what you like but others cannot unless they agree with you?  You don't get it do you?  And this is why I'm asking (not demanding) for the thread to be closed.

0 Likes