Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 03-12-2018 07:41 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
chopples123
Voyager
Options

The advantage of the new sek  which I am not even sure it’s been confirmed for uk. Is primarily the new version of tizen. Including smart things (the irony lol) I would also expect all current uk catchup services and apps including 4K iplayer and also 4K YouTube etc.... to work. BUT as it will need to be connected to your exsisting one connect box then you will have the same limitations which the original one connect had which will unfortunately mean no hlg

Very few TV’s from 2015 have hlg, the spec was still being developed and hadn’t even reached the test phase

there is a large thread over on avsforums where people mainly in Australia etc... already have them.

cheers

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options
Does any 2016 Samsung owner here happen to have both a 2018 Amazon Fire Stick 4K and an HDFury?
0 Likes
Blacko
Apprentice
Options

Perhaps the KS65/9500 doesn't get the USB stick offer, when I phoned today a lady called Emma told me that 1231 was the only update available to me so looks like I,ll have to wait on 1239.

0 Likes
chopples123
Voyager
Options

@Blacko wrote:

Perhaps the KS65/9500 doesn't get the USB stick offer, when I phoned today a lady called Emma told me that 1231 was the only update available to me so looks like I,ll have to wait on 1239.

At your own risk but a link to T-JZMDEUC firmware was posted over at AVS forums in the ks8000 thread

cheers

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Blacko wrote:

Sent you a PM

0 Likes
Blacko
Apprentice
Options

I have to reveal my ignorance. What's a PM ?

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Blacko wrote:

I have to reveal my ignorance. What's a PM ?

Private Message - you should have received a notification that you have one.

0 Likes
Blacko
Apprentice
Options
Hope it's not rude
0 Likes
ne_on
Pioneer
Options

Hi everyone. Been away. What the hell is going on? Has everything been fixed? Someone update me in Lehman’s terms please? I want to know if we able to get hlg now? Is the iPlayer problem fixed? Which firmware? Do I need a usb? My tv updated to a software a few days ago but I’ve forgot what the number was. Let me know peeps

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Suvggest you read back 10/20 pages