Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 23-11-2018 05:03 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Dazeboy
Explorer
Options
Perfect I have the same model of TV and v2 skyq box happy days
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:

@blenky wrote:

@chopples123 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Hi @Chris325.  As far as I understand it, the stuff that's been talked about in Italy for a while now is more of a joint effort between Samsung Italia and Sky Italia... for the Italian market. I've asked my AV colleagues at UK HQ for info on anything similar possibly coming to the UK though. I'll let you all know more when I can. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

You do realise the kit used for sky Italia is exactly the same as the kit for sky q in the UK? In short what works there will work here. Failing to release this firmware for the UK market will only atognise customers further and erode what little faith there is left with samsung

cheers

Agreed. 

This firmware is either

1) very bespoke and will only work with Sky Italia Sky Q boxes

2) Bespoke to only work with Sky Q

3) will fix the HLG over HDMI for any connected device

If its 2 they should release it to all Europen models and if 3 should go worldwide.

The latest update is not a fix to run only Sky Q. It is an update that enables HLG on HDMI for all devices that carry the HLG on the HDMI port.

That's good to know @Saverio571 .  Thanks for confirming and appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated.  Fingers crossed that at some point we can get this firmware

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Sorry if this has been asked already but will all the HDMI ports on KS TV's carry HLG/HDR?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked already but will all the HDMI ports on KS TV's carry HLG/HDR?

They all send HDR,  so if it works then all should send HLG. 

rozel
Voyager
Options

Thanks Paul,  thought so but wanted to check 😊

SmartHUBtv
Pioneer
Options

I forgot to say that the new version is 1239 (in Italy) for the HLG on ks tv

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Wish we could get a download link

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

Wish we could get a download link

If as some are saying and we have the same setup and it seems to work,  then why won't they post a link to the firmware?  Why is it happening in Italy and not anywhere else?  Most of the rumors we have heard have all come from there and we know how the all ended,  nothing.  Again not holding my breath as it does not make sense. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

I'm merely interested in Sky - like it or not,  they provide best entertainment packages in UK.   And my 65" KS9500  is as good as anything out there

At an extortionate price. I find Freeview and Netflix are great and the odd blurry. I have had sky but could not justify their prices,  especially os on a pension. 

SmartHUBtv
Pioneer
Options

@

we have been expressly forbidden to provide the link from the forum administrator, and we respect his / her choice. It may also be that the Italian version is not good for TV on the English market with the danger that your TV is unusable! do you want to risk?
Did you see the photo I posted?

It is my updated 65Ks8000 television for HLG

WIN_20181123_15_36_35_Pro.jpg

0 Likes