Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 11-09-2018 06:37 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
gfsracing
Navigator
Options
How do I test the hold over hdmi I seem to remember some thing as an app or google chrome add in the tested the IP address
0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

New firmware upgrade available in UK? Or just Italy? What’s included in this upgrade?

0 Likes
gfsracing
Navigator
Options

i am in the UK and have version 1230 on the ks9000 i cant tell what has changed the tv updated itself

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@gfsracing wrote:

i am in the UK and have version 1230 on the ks9000 i cant tell what has changed the tv updated itself

But I checked my ks9500 tv it’s not updated and on the Samsung site there is no 1230 available for down load. 

gfsracing
Navigator
Options

Hi image.jpg

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

@gfsracing   OH no! It looks like the latest update has turned your living room upside down. That must be really annoying.

Jakobi
Explorer
Options

New Update

ver 1230.5 Firmware now available from the UK site

dated 12/09/2018

not installed it... yet

Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

Is not the firmware for HLG on HDMI. Sky Italia was testing the firmware with Hlg

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:
Is not the firmware for HLG on HDMI. Sky Italia was testing this firmware.

I guess there is no way of knowing what this firmware upgrade includes. Samsung never provide release Notes.  @AntS are you able to obtain the release note for this upgrade?