Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 18-06-2018 08:45 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Jep_uk
Pioneer
Options

@Atlanticism wrote:

That's my experience comparing the Dutch Public Broadcasters 4K HLG-HDR channel with regular BBC one HD and others (on a UE60KS7000). The Belgium game was much better color wise, the England game is missing color (again).  That is really weird.

it seems to vary between which camera is being used as the england kit looks orange in some shots and red in others. 

0 Likes
Klpd
Apprentice
Options

I am watching the match on a 65ks9500 on a roku I just ran out and bought 2 min before the match. I am on uhd and the info buttons shows hdr uhd 60hz.

But the back light didn't go up to full automatically and the colours look really washed out. The white on the Tunisia jerseys seem over saturated without much detail . 

What am I doing wrong? 

0 Likes
Moily
Pathfinder
Options

@Klpd wrote:

I am watching the match on a 65ks9500 on a roku I just ran out and bought 2 min before the match. I am on uhd and the info buttons shows hdr uhd 60hz.

But the back light didn't go up to full automatically and the colours look really washed out. The white on the Tunisia jerseys seem over saturated without much detail . 

What am I doing wrong? 

Have you enabled 'HDMI UHD Colour' for the HDMI port you've got the Roku plugged into on the OCB?

0 Likes
Klpd
Apprentice
Options
Ah many thanks, that looks a little better now, I think. Got to wait for the second half to start .
But to be honest, I am a little disappointed colour wise. Resolution is great.

Any other recommended settings good people!
0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

Curry's? Curry's? if there's ONE thing I hope people would have learned from this saga, it is DO NOT SHOP AT CURRY'S. Jeez!

crashcris
Voyager
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

Curry's? Curry's? if there's ONE thing I hope people would have learned from this saga, it is DO NOT SHOP AT CURRY'S. Jeez!

LOL

0 Likes
ne_on
Pioneer
Options

Guys I don’t mean to sound stupid but someone mentioned setting chroma subsampling to 4.2.2. How do I even do this?

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

@ne_on wrote:

Guys I don’t mean to sound stupid but someone mentioned setting chroma subsampling to 4.2.2. How do I even do this?

Who cares, we won! lol

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

@ne_on wrote:

On the Roku SS+ . Settings- System- Advanced system settings-Advanced display settings- HDR subsampling-4:2:2.

ne_on
Pioneer
Options

HAHA KANEEEEEEE

Still wanna see us sail through to the final in the best quality. Any answers lol