Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 17-06-2018 05:14 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
rozel
Voyager
Options
Someone said yesterday it's the grounds asthetics - I think we are at the same stadium as Friday which could explain the over brigbtness
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Anyone who is using the Roku+ getting regular momementary screen blackouts.  For me it happens every minute for a couple of seconds.  It distracting.  Shame as the PQ is awsome.

0 Likes
Moily
Pathfinder
Options

Fine for me. Roku SS+ and 60KS7000.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

@blenky wrote:

Anyone who is using the Roku+ getting regular momementary screen blackouts.  For me it happens every minute for a couple of seconds.  It distracting.  Shame as the PQ is awsome.

Fine for me - didn't you say you were going to use a OCB port? Does that not make any difference?

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@rozel wrote:

@blenky wrote:

Fine for me - didn't you say you were going to use a OCB port? Does that not make any difference?

It was same on OCB.  I've just changed the HDR sampling on the Roku from 4.2.2. to 4.2.0 and see if that helps

0 Likes
Moily
Pathfinder
Options

@blenky wrote:

Feed just died on both Roku+ and V6.  Anyone else?

Yep, lost feed on mine and a mate's Roku. Better not happen tomorrow night..!

0 Likes
shimceltic
Pioneer
Options

Is the blue planet clip still on somewhere?

stevej190
Pioneer
Options

Mine died just before half-time, had to exit and go back in. Thankfully still spaces available. 

No blackouts on mine by the way, connected through a Denon 2400 to 60KS7000

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

Phew! Glad it wasn't just me.   Just before half time mine died but soon came back again

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@blenky wrote:

@rozel wrote:

@blenky wrote:

It was same on OCB.  I've just changed the HDR sampling on the Roku from 4.2.2. to 4.2.0 and see if that helps

That fixed it!  Woot.

0 Likes