Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 09-03-2018 08:37 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@paul1111wrote:

Totally agree with you @AntS.

second that, lmit this thread to complaints of KS/JS owners, I'll dabble in ocassional technical stuff that may go off topic but for the sake of not destroying this thread, I will limit my reponse as not everyone owns every pice of tech like OLED or has worked with LGE engineers on thier HDR implementaion (i do regularly talk to engineers from Sony, LG and Samsung as they are customers and partners) - but like everyone else I will stick to my primary role here as one unhappy samsung customer

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@hdmiwrote:

@paul1111wrote:

Totally agree with you @AntS.

second that, lmit this thread to complaints of KS/JS owners, I'll dabble in ocassional technical stuff that may go off topic but for the sake of not destroying this thread, I will limit my reponse as not everyone owns every pice of tech like OLED or has worked with LGE engineers on thier HDR implementaion (i do regularly talk to engineers from Sony, LG and Samsung as they are customers and partners) - but like everyone else I will stick to my primary role here as one unhappy samsung customer

Apparently we are the same person! 

@May I suggest we ignore certain posters and just report them to @AntS. They may get the message and we can get back to useful discussion and even more important a friendly thread and allow for people who are as technical as others.  I still am fuming at that accusation that because I supported you I must be you. Outrageous! I apologize for a lot less. 

rozel
Voyager
Options
@UHDHDR should be shown the door and @AntS needs to do what he should do as moderator. However others replying to him directly as I am seeing now, is similarly outrageous. I have little hope that things will be kept on topic and feel this thread will soon close. Prove me wrong!
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@rozelwrote:
@UHDHDR should be shown the door and @AntS needs to do what he should do as moderator. However others replying to him directly as I am seeing now, is similarly outrageous. I have little hope that things will be kept on topic and feel this thread will soon close. Prove me wrong!

I agree with you but do you mean others as me because he has made accusations which I feel are not acceptable and I also ask that @AntS do some thing about it. I will follow my own advice and ignore these malicious posts and hopefully we get back on track.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options
Paul - Yes because you inflame matters even more. Less can be more. Without being too critical, because your questions have been sincere I have learned much technical stuff from people replying but you seem to have an ability to provoke people into reacting badly by constantly disputing what they say Try and tone down your responses, don't make them personal and if you don't like what you hear, turn the other cheek. Politeness is next to godliness.
crashcris
Voyager
Options

@UHDHDR... Please, CEASE AND DESIST.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@rozelwrote:
Paul - Yes because you inflame matters even more. Less can be more. Without being too critical, because your questions have been sincere I have learned much technical stuff from people replying but you seem to have an ability to provoke people into reacting badly by constantly disputing what they say Try and tone down your responses, don't make them personal and if you don't like what you hear, turn the other cheek. Politeness is next to godliness.

Sorry but I have learnt from when I was a fire officer to smell bull s***. Yes I do want a proper debate but there are some that deserve to get questioned. We had our european friend who said he could receive  HLG via his sat receiver and said I was miss leading people by questioning that, he only post a link this week saying you could not get HLG over HDMI. He then says when asked he was actually was using his onboard tuner, which is not HDMI. So who is mis leading who. Yes I can ask ask and question some posts but I thought that was the whole idea about debate. I do not make personal attacks against people and I am not @hdmi@ in disgause. I really do want at this time for @AntS to sort @UHDHDR out because he is making accsations left right and center. As to turn the other cheek no! Not in my nature, I question and learn from it, and if I think there is something fishy I will say so as some others have said. Now I ask please that we get back on track and not let @UHDHDR succeed in shuting this thread down again and we treat people with respect.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

In an effort to close this nonsense, I will say, I have lost count of your sorrys, you won't change, you are still being inflammatory, so I say to @AntS please ban both @Paul1111 and @UHDHDR from this thread please, for the sake of the thread and our sanity!

Jay108
Voyager
Options

I really don't think there is  much point in any discussions on this thread. Why don't we all just wait for what Samsung has to say on these issues.

It's a shame that @AntS is not able to provide any timeline for when this Samsung announcement is likely to be. 

rozel
Voyager
Options

Agreed