Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-03-2018 06:01 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

@Saverio571wrote:

if uhdudr writes that through a bluray reader reads correctly hlg files you have to believe him. Probably some devices do not recognize that the KS recognizes the HLG.
on the 8th we will know if Sky Q displays the HLG on the KS.

This is correct. For some reason, some devices are having communication issues with the TV.

So far, people who have tested using the following devices/services have confirmed HLG via HDMI:

-M9500/M8500/M7500 blu ray players (myself a several other people on AVS)

-Oppo 203 (several people on AVS)

-Spanish Public broadcaster running HLG demo material (someone on blu-ray.com forum)

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@UHDHDRwrote:

@Saverio571wrote:

if uhdudr writes that through a bluray reader reads correctly hlg files you have to believe him. Probably some devices do not recognize that the KS recognizes the HLG.

This is correct. For some reason, some devices are having communication issues with the TV.

So far, people who have tested using the following devices/services have confirmed HLG via HDMI:

-Spanish Public broadcaster running HLG demo material (someone on blu-ray.com forum)

Not a lot but I still not got an answer from @Saverio571. What device did you use to watch HLG over HDMI  which you said you could do? Or was you miss leading every one here?

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

@paul1111wrote:

@UHDHDRwrote:

@Saverio571wrote:

Not a lot but I still not got an answer from @Saverio571. What device did you use to watch HLG over HDMI  which you said you could do? Or was you miss leading every one here?

Already posted a million times, including in the post to which you just replied to.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@UHDHDRwrote:

@paul1111wrote:

@UHDHDRwrote:

@Saverio571wrote:

Already posted a million times, including in the post to which you just replied to.

No @Saverio571 said he used a satellite receiver to watch the HLG test. As we now know that could not have happened!!!!!!

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

I said that i see Hotbird 4k1 in HDR HLG with internal tuner.

Paul1111 do you understand?

Saverio Casadidio
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Saverio571wrote:

I said that i see Hotbird 4k1 in HDR HLG with internal tuner.

Paul1111 do you understand?

That is different to what you previously said, as you said you watched it over HDMI using a satellite box!!! If you want I can search back in these forums and copy exactly what you said. 

Watching through your internal tuner is not watching via HDMI, so how can you say HLG works via HDMI when you have just said you do not watch via HDMI???????

If you have been saying which you have, that your watching via HDMI and you were not, then that is being untruthful and you have just admitted to that!

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

Never said this. Paul1111 don't dry with me. Ok?

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

I ask @AntS to intervene. paul1111 can not pass all for liars and to write false things
Saverio Casadidio
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Saverio571wrote:

I ask @AntS to intervene. paul1111 can not pass all for liars and to write false things

You said you could get HLG over HDMI. When i questioned that you said I was giving mis information. It now turns out you never got HLG over HDMI but through your internal tuner. Enough said!

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@UHDHDRwrote:

The Stats for Nerds in the YT app from the player correctly says "HLG" though.

Precisely.

• TV autoswitches to HDR mode, and YouTube app playing back a HLG clip (as illustrated by Stats showing that clearly onscreen) => TV is decoding HLG correctly.
  • As above except now TV doing this from an external device, such as a Samsung 4k Blu-Ray player, again with a HLG clip => TV correctly handles HLG over HDMI.