Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 31-01-2018 09:34 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
stevej190
Pioneer
Options
I am following this thread very closely, I own a 60KS7000 purchased Dec 16 and was aware that HLG was promised to these sets and that was a major factor in my purchase, I spent around 3 weeks researching and have been lucky in that my panel is spot on. The lacking HLG through Iplayer though is a deal breaker for me.

I am getting pretty much ignored by Currys after starting communicating with them 4 weeks ago. Every time they do reply there is a new reference number given and it's always a different person. So I think its time to escalate this up to the CEO, has anyone else had a exchange or refund yet from Currys after getting in touch with him?

Can anyone confirm his email address please?
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@stevej190 wrote:
I am following this thread very closely, I own a 60KS7000 purchased Dec 16 and was aware that HLG was promised to these sets and that was a major factor in my purchase, I spent around 3 weeks researching and have been lucky in that my panel is spot on. The lacking HLG through Iplayer though is a deal breaker for me.

I am getting pretty much ignored by Currys after starting communicating with them 4 weeks ago. Every time they do reply there is a new reference number given and it's always a different person. So I think its time to escalate this up to the CEO, has anyone else had a exchange or refund yet from Currys after getting in touch with him?

Can anyone confirm his email address please?

Curry's are denying advertising HLG and unfortunately they are correct.  The thing they advertised and if it influenced your decision was the smart connect dongle, which Samsung have said they will not be supplying. 

Paul

0 Likes
stevej190
Pioneer
Options

Yes I'm aware that the dongle is the way to go and intend to do just that. I was really just letting you all know what my complaint is - probably the same as everyone else though!

Do you have his email address Paul?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@stevej190 wrote:

Yes I'm aware that the dongle is the way to go and intend to do just that. I was really just letting you all know what my complaint is - probably the same as everyone else though!

Do you have his email address Paul?

I think it is on here somewhere. 

It seems they have been using HLG and hdr10+ within claims as reasons to muddy the waters and try to reject the claim.  I now think its best to stick with the dongle and may be mention the other two more as disappointments. 

Paul

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@ewanstancarr@Dazeboy@Ste_A and @mrtickle: All of you guys are on the list already. (It's currently listed in chronological order of first post in the thread, so you're the first name on it, ewanstancarr.)

Noticed a few posts got caught in the Spam Quarantine, but I've rescued them and deleted any duplicates.

TastyBurger666
Voyager
Options
Your account tweets are protected - they won't be going anywhere public!
0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@73henny wrote:

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

a UK 43KS7500 purchased from Hughes in October 2016.

I've already checked with Hughes, and unfortunately I don't believe I've got an avenue to attempt a refund as the SmartThings hadn't been announced then, and isn't advertised on their website.

The SmartThings dongle was announced before the TVs were released. Back in December '15 I think.

Not sure about the Hughes advert though.

SmartThings was announced in March 2016, it was well publicised 

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:
Your account tweets are protected - they won't be going anywhere public!

Will get that sorted now

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes