Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 30-01-2018 06:32 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
matlough
Explorer
Options

I chased JL today and was told they would be in contact within 24hrs! 

That at was the response I had from them over a week ago! 

Not sure if they are actually looking into it for me or just stalling! All I’ve asked for at the moment is when they will be supplying the USB dongle.  

On that note does anyone have a PDF of the advert from JL for the 60’’ KS7000? I have a copy of the webpage for the 55’’ but just thinking they may try and get out of a claim by saying I own the 60 not the 55! 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@matlough wrote:

I chased JL today and was told they would be in contact within 24hrs! 

That at was the response I had from them over a week ago! 

Not sure if they are actually looking into it for me or just stalling! All I’ve asked for at the moment is when they will be supplying the USB dongle.  

On that note does anyone have a PDF of the advert from JL for the 60’’ KS7000? I have a copy of the webpage for the 55’’ but just thinking they may try and get out of a claim by saying I own the 60 not the 55! 

In a previous post they have admitted miss selling and I have given a possible response, so it may be worth chasing. AS to your model its a KS model and I think that's all you need.

Paul

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@ewanstancarr wrote:

Aside from pursuing our individual claims I think the least of us can do is spread the word on the review sections of all the big retailers stating how appalling the support is. I fear some of the so called independent electronic sites won't run much as may not like to bite the hand that (ultimately) feeds. 

Yes, us pushing this won't ultimately put a a debt in Samsung profits but let's just do what we can. I run my own business and Samsung has certainly lost me as customer for ever.. I never thought it would ever come to that. Shameful behavior and customer service that is fit for the bin 

Agree with what are saying. We should spread the message of shameful behaviour from Samsung. I have already posted  this letter from Samsung on Facebook. And all my whatsapp groups.. If anyone is any good with YouTube we can make video with tags such as HDR10+  And HLG so it appears top of search list.

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@Markbo wrote:

Samsung please talk us, bland statements such as “No plans at this time” don’t answer our questions just raise the obvious question “Why are there no plans?”

I didn't reply to that in my (very early) post with a question. Instead, I replied with a statment:

"You'd better make plans, then".

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

These are my personal thoughts about this whole saga.

Samsung will never enable HLG streaming support as they said its enabled it for broadcasts only.

Well we already know that's not the case because they've already enabled HLG streaming, and it's been FULLY WORKING ON YOUTUBE since last Feb 2017.

What they haven't explained is why they lied about their promise only being for broadcasts, and what date they intend to REMOVE HLG support from YouTube ("as promised", I bet they'll say).

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@AntS  please can you add me to your list. I have a KS7000.

Issues are 

1. Missing HLG streaming on iPlayer, despite HLG streaming fully working on YouTube

2. The flat lie still being sent to customers saying that Samsung didn't promise HLG support for anything except broadcasts. Lack of transparency, nay contempt, being shown to customers, many of whom have been demoing HDR to all and sundry ever since they bought their TVs.

3. Missing HDR10Plus support - again, delivery of HDR10Plus was a copper-bottom firm promise.

4. Missing 4k SDR on iPlayer (even SkyQ customers with their sh.t SDR-only hardware can do that).

0 Likes
73henny
Journeyman
Options

@TastyBurger666 wrote:

a UK 43KS7500 purchased from Hughes in October 2016.

I've already checked with Hughes, and unfortunately I don't believe I've got an avenue to attempt a refund as the SmartThings hadn't been announced then, and isn't advertised on their website.

The SmartThings dongle was announced before the TVs were released. Back in December '15 I think.

Not sure about the Hughes advert though.

0 Likes
JTE
Navigator
Options

Just put this on FB and encourage others to do same.

Would really appreciate the help of friends sharing this message.

I have a Samsung HU55JS9000 that cost over £2000 just over 2 year ago.

The following thread is from disgruntled Samsung customers who bought TVs, from The Samsung One Connect Evolution range on the promise of being future proofed by a separate unit for connections to keep equipment up to date.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Blue-Planet-2-HLG-No-Samsung/m-p/398600#M8514

Recently BBC iPlayer introduced a new UHD player which Samsung are resolutely refusing to upgrade on TVs Earlier than 2017.

Many are planning to make Small Court Claims and a small number of customers, like myself, are raising awareness for other early adopters of UDH/ HDR TVs who frankly feel cheated and forced to upgrade TVs by a selfish Corporate company which cares nothing for loyal customers.

The only retailer to come well out of this is Richer Sounds. If you are thinking of buying a new TV it appears this is the only major retailer to recognise misselling by Samsung and offer customers replacement TVs.

Please share and let people see how Samsung are forcing customers to upgrade TVs costing thousands of years well before should reasonably be required and could solve by simply offering Firmware updates to offer HLG support for the UDH version of the BBC iPlayer in addition to alerting other Samsung customers to this issue.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Retweeting as well guys, will also be spamming all the tech sites late on today.

0 Likes