Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 29-01-2018 01:29 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
crashcris
Voyager
Options

Hi. I would slightly amend what I wrote to say that I am giving them the opportunity to refund me in full within 14 days otherwise at that point I will start legal proceedings and the last sentence I'd add " I look forward to a full refund of the purchase price plus any costs accruded in the persuit of this refund."

Lastly I'd include an invoice for the full amount of the TV cost price, including your address and bank transfer details, with the offer to allow them to arrange with yourself to collect the TV after the invoice has been paid.

Most of all be polite, concise and professionally cool-headed.

All the best.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@crashcris wrote:

Hi. I would slightly amend what I wrote to say that I am giving them the opportunity to refund me in full within 14 days otherwise at that point I will start legal proceedings and the last sentence I'd add " I look forward to a full refund of the purchase price plus any costs accruded in the persuit of this refund."

Lastly I'd include an invoice for the full amount of the TV cost price, including your address and bank transfer details, with the offer to allow them to arrange with yourself to collect the TV after the invoice has been paid.

Most of all be polite, concise and professionally cool-headed.

All the best.

Can't agree more with the last statement you are much more likely to get a positive answer if you are professional rather than going into a full rant and then regretting what you sent.

AntS
Options

@Jay108 and @crashcris: No updates on this as of yet. Various people above me are aware of the feelings that you guys have and why. I’ve spent quite a bit of time compiling and regularly updating a report for them that summarises this thread (and the KS Owners Refund one) with how the issue – or issues – stated in it affect each of you individually, along with providing specific examples of posts. How the discussion that’s all being used in ultimately ends up, I really I don’t know.

In the meantime, if any of you guys come across other owners of K or J series TVs that share your feelings, please encourage them to post in this thread, and I'll be happy to add them to any reporting back I'm doing.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Jay108 and @crashcris: No updates on this as of yet. Various people above me are aware of the feelings that you guys have and why. I’ve spent quite a bit of time compiling and regularly updating a report for them that summarises this thread (and the KS Owners Refund one) with how the issue – or issues – stated in it affect each of you individually, along with providing specific examples of posts. How the discussion that’s all being used in ultimately ends up, I really I don’t know.

In the meantime, if any of you guys come across other owners of K or J series TVs that share your feelings, please encourage them to post in this thread, and I'll be happy to add them to any reporting back I'm doing.

Thanks for that,  it does seem like they are trying to ride this out and hope we will get fed up. 

Paul

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Thanks for that,  it does seem like they are trying to ride this out and hope we will get fed up. 

Paul

Thats what I think, if Samsung was to do anything they would of said sooner rather than later so I think they are just riding out the storm until people give up.

@Definitely appreciate the work @AntS is doing, and out of curiousity what tv do you have?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Paul

Thats what I think, if Samsung was to do anything they would of said sooner rather than later so I think they are just riding out the storm until people give up.

@Definitely appreciate the work @AntS is doing, and out of curiousity what tv do you have?

I have a 65KS9500 which I bought last Jan. Also thought it might be future proof for at least a couple of years. 

Paul

0 Likes
sneakyvtr
Pioneer
Options

Paul, have you been in contact with your retailer yet? 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@sneakyvtr wrote:

Paul, have you been in contact with your retailer yet? 

I made a big mistake when I bought mine. I bought it from DA Tevh Pro Ltd through Amazon. This meant I lost my section 75 protecting because its classed as buying through a third party. Amazon have their 120 day A to Z protection but after that they wash their hands. DA Tech have not answer any emails so I have now informed them with a letter of intent to take legal action but again heard nothing. I will never buy anything of value from Amazon or Ebay again due to the loss of these important protection. At the end of the day it would be great if Samsung would give us what they promised.

Paul

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I don’t think they will however I would be very happy to be proven wrong on this, wife said if we can afford it she’ll even let me buy a 65” OLED so guess where my money is going to be spent.

P.S saw this next to the 65” QLED there was no comparison the LG blew it away and was only £200 more

0 Likes
Lensy
Apprentice
Options

@AntS

I've been reading this thread with interest as another owner of a UE49KS7000 TV; like many here I find myself very dissapointed by the apparent change in message coming from Samsung with regards support for this tv.

I haven't started the process of trying to get a refund for the TV as others have in this thread because I still have some faint hope that Samsung will 'do the right thing' (as it were); however I'm certainly considering it at this point in time.

Please add my voice to the others!