Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 19-01-2018 02:29 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised the said product on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung directly.

In addition to this I brought the product (Samsung 55KS7000) from your company (Currys) after seeing the advertisement for Samsung Smart Thing Extend and I then based my purchasing decision around that, it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

It is made clear under the Consumer Rights Act that if the retailer ie Currys advertises something it does not matter where they got the information, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer and the retailer cannot absolve responsibility or pass it onto the manufacturer.

By offering a television you have already accepted mis-represtentation and I take it you are aware of the Oct 2015 European Consumer regulations?

Your failure to offer a full refund is a clear breech of said regulations and you are quite aware that if you force me to court I will be claiming all costs.

Lastly I have passed all of the responses to The Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards and in accordance with them I am following their advice.

Kind Regards,

Dale

Press send.

Sent now lets see what they come back with.

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised the said product on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung directly.

In addition to this I brought the product (Samsung 55KS7000) from your company (Currys) after seeing the advertisement for Samsung Smart Thing Extend and I then based my purchasing decision around that, it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

It is made clear under the Consumer Rights Act that if the retailer ie Currys advertises something it does not matter where they got the information, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer and the retailer cannot absolve responsibility or pass it onto the manufacturer.

By offering a television you have already accepted mis-represtentation and I take it you are aware of the Oct 2015 European Consumer regulations?

Your failure to offer a full refund is a clear breech of said regulations and you are quite aware that if you force me to court I will be claiming all costs.

Lastly I have passed all of the responses to The Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards and in accordance with them I am following their advice.

Kind Regards,

Dale

Also add that you will be reporting this to advertising standards agency:

https://www.asa.org.uk/about-asa-and-cap/the-work-we-do/what-we-cover.html#Inside remit

Areas of complaint inside our remit

The types of ads we deal with include: 

• Press ads  
  • Radio and TV ads (including teleshopping presentations)
  • Ads on the internet, smartphones and tablets
  • Ad claims on companies’ own websites
  • Commercial e-mail and text messages
  • Posters/billboards
  • Leaflets and brochures  
  • Ads at the cinema
  • Direct mail, whether addressed to you personally or not

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear *****,

Kind Regards,

Dale

https://www.asa.org.uk/about-asa-and-cap/the-work-we-do/what-we-cover.html#Inside remit

• Press ads  
  • Posters/billboards
  • Leaflets and brochures  
  • Ads at the cinema

Very useful thanks for the link.

Paul

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear *****,

Kind Regards,

Dale

• Press ads  
  • Posters/billboards
  • Leaflets and brochures  
  • Ads at the cinema

Will do this very soon, going to give them a chance to digest my last email first and see what they come back with. Currys are just trying to wear me down into accepting their very poor offer or to give up.

It almost feels like they are now back tracking.

0 Likes
Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

Guys!

I have faced similar kind of chaos during christmas..

I ordered something for next day delivery and it didnt arrive untill after 7 days - so i went after all guns blazing after DPD, and i contacted citizen advise etc etc - presumably my contract is between myself and the seller, NOT the courier company, in the same light your contract is with Currys and NOT samsung - so currys is and will be responsible for anything to do with the claim...its so childish of them to blame it on samsung!

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:

Guys!

I ordered something for next day delivery and it didnt arrive untill after 7 days - so i went after all guns blazing after DPD, and i contacted citizen advise etc etc - presumably my contract is between myself and the seller, NOT the courier company, in the same light your contract is with Currys and NOT samsung - so currys is and will be responsible for anything to do with the claim...its so childish of them to blame it on samsung!

exactly press on to the retailer and they will sort out manufacturer

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@Sam-Knp wrote:

Guys!

exactly press on to the retailer and they will sort out manufacturer

Yup precisely.

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear *****,

Kind Regards,

Dale

• Press ads  
  • Posters/billboards
  • Leaflets and brochures  
  • Ads at the cinema

Will do this very soon, going to give them a chance to digest my last email first and see what they come back with. Currys are just trying to wear me down into accepting their very poor offer or to give up.

It almost feels like they are now back tracking.

step into them and step hard, if they let it go to court then rejoice, they may end up paying for your LG C8 OLED :smileywink:

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

step into them and step hard, if they let it go to court then rejoice, they may end up paying for your LG C8 OLED :smileywink:

Not confident I would win and definitely could not afford court costs at the moment if I lost.

0 Likes
crashcris
Voyager
Options

Hey Daleski75... Please be aware of Curry's knowledge of this page and how bouyed they'll be to keep reading your lack of commitment to actually do anything further than send a few emails. This is a public forum and it's not just us disappointed Samsung owners who will be reading it. Show no weakness, go in hard and best of luck.

That said, nobody actually wants the smartthings dongle anyway, we just want Samsung to support their TVs for a lot longer than just 1 year. We want our 2014/15/16/17 TVs to have the BBC iplayer UHD (HLG too, where physically possible).