Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 19-01-2018 11:53 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Pre-empted it and fired off an email to citizens advice bureau asking them if what curry's is offering is fair and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification of television.

Also sent them Curry's last response so they know precisely what Curry's stance is.

If they come back and state what Curry's has offered is fair I won't be taking it any further as the television offered is far inferior than my current one.

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Pre-empted it and fired off an email to citizens advice bureau asking them if what curry's is offering is fair and if I am within my rights to ask for an equivalent specification of television.

Also sent them Curry's last response so they know precisely what Curry's stance is.

If they come back and state what Curry's has offered is fair I won't be taking it any further as the television offered is far inferior than my current one.

once you have the response then do not forget to add a line of reporting the retailer to ASA in your Notice

Also I think retailere cannot deduct money due to 6 months as both Samsung and ratiler did not privide a firm date and you had no poption but ask after waiting for few months and they took thier time in responding

Botom line is your case is strong but only question is if the retailer should be allowed to deduct anything as the delay is due to them not communicating the date of delivering smartthing 

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@Jep_uk wrote:

@matlough wrote:

Hi all,

Just joined the this forum and have been reading the last 100 odd posts with great interest.  I own a 60KS7000 and have now started the route to a refund or replacement with JL. I've started with a simple support request email via their website. Initial response has been along the lines of ' ....Having reviewed your case, our Customer Support Team are best placed to resolve this for you... they will be in contact within 72 hrs etc etc..' 

I'm pretty sure they are getting a few requests of this type so hopefully won't be too long before a reply. 

I got mine from JL also, but holding off any action at the moment as waiting for new tvs to come out as nothing is really appealling to me. The new LG SK range looks promising though. 

if you delay then you risk retailer deducting money form the price you paid, if you do delay then hide your identity so that you can use plausible deniability for future claims :smileywink:

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

once you have the response then do not forget to add a line of reporting the retailer to ASA in your Notice

Also I think retailere cannot deduct money due to 6 months as both Samsung and ratiler did not privide a firm date and you had no poption but ask after waiting for few months and they took thier time in responding

Botom line is your case is strong but only question is if the retailer should be allowed to deduct anything as the delay is due to them not communicating the date of delivering smartthing 

I think thats the crux of it the retailer has deducted around £900 off my television to come to their offer of an inferior tv and hopefully citizens advice will rule in my favour, but if they do not then I could just ask for the samsung smart hub and get £150 off them which is better than nothing.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Quick bit of googling and this could be quite expensive if you lose 

https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/individuals/srvdisputes/small_claims_guide/if_i_lose/

Although there's no chance you will loose but just check with trading standards about your choices, if people are talking about mass action then it is better to consult with trading standards or citizens advice, as if enough complaints come  they take action  also report retailers for smartthings to advertising standards agency

If you consult a solicitor for mass action they may take up the case but they will pocket most of money not you

I agree, I know you can never be certain but when they admit to misrepresentation I find it very hard to see how you can loose. I very strongly think the last place they want this is in court. 

Paul

0 Likes
matlough
Explorer
Options
Smart hub costs only £59 from Currys so I'm not sure who's getting the best deal here!
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

I think thats the crux of it the retailer has deducted around £900 off my television to come to their offer of an inferior tv and hopefully citizens advice will rule in my favour, but if they do not then I could just ask for the samsung smart hub and get £150 off them which is better than nothing.

Before making any decisions see what they and Citizens Advice come back with.

Forget the smart hub as it will not work with out the smart connect. To reduce the refund by that much, evev if it was faulty goods is unreasonable and I think a court and Citizens Advice would agree. They did offer a new pana worth over £550 and I don't think they mentioned it as a replacement, therefore that could be taken as compensation, just a thought 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@matlough wrote:
Smart hub costs only £59 from Currys so I'm not sure who's getting the best deal here

More lies and misinformation from both Samsung and Curry's to say it is worth £150.

Paul 

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Before making any decisions see what they and Citizens Advice come back with.

Forget the smart hub as it will not work with out the smart connect. To reduce the refund by that much, evev if it was faulty goods is unreasonable and I think a court and Citizens Advice would agree. They did offer a new pana worth over £550 and I don't think they mentioned it as a replacement, therefore that could be taken as compensation, just a thought 

Paul

I won't be doing anything until I hear back from citizens advice unless curry's come back with an offer I am willing to accept, if the tv they offered is for compensation and I would keep my current tv then I will go for that but I read it to be a replacement even though they did not directly infer this.

Scrap the above they did mention the Panasonic as a replacement.

My offer would remain the same. You can either be sent a SmartThings hub from Samsung and we will provide you with discount to the value of £150, or we can offer you an in store payment voucher to the value of the suggested Panasonic replacement to enable you to make this purchase in your local branch. 

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@matlough wrote:
Smart hub costs only £59 from Currys so I'm not sure who's getting the best deal here

More lies and misinformation from both Samsung and Curry's to say it is worth £150.

Paul 

To be fair to curry's they said to accept samsung's offer and they will credit me £150 as well on top of this if I read it correctly.

0 Likes