Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 16-01-2018 12:39 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@barrybrown wrote:

i have looked into richersounds and there was no offer of a smarthings dongle so i cant claim for that and its in all the ads that they can withdraw support at anytime ,there is nothing other than the missing uhd blue rays that i have been waiting for for a year which came free with blue ray.Samsung have prommised repetedly they would come but they never have i have written to them we will see

They had the same as Curry's but I think they took it down quick. I don't know if anyone here copied it. 

But if the blurays were advertised with it at the retailers and you have asked for them and not received, then I also believe that is miss selling under the regs. So at least qoute the regs to get them. Try searching the web for anything with RicherSounds, and also ask on AV forums. I will try to look as a well, and you could also ask Richer Sounds for the advertising material they had for you model TV.

Paul

AntS
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

@paul1277: I checked the edit history on your last three posts, and they haven't been altered as far as I can tell. (Also checked the spam quarantine area in case something ended up there, but nada). Are you able to give me more details?

I mentioned that the Japanese and Canadians were more trust worthy, as they have come up with the updates, with even their customer's having to ask. 

Paul

That one's still there: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Blue-Planet-2-HLG-No-Samsung/m-p/381696#M7430 (posted at 02:23 PM according to my settings) and currently unaltered. I'd strongly advise steering clear of ethnic stuff though. I appreciate the frustration, but I'd hope that you guys are better than that. LG is South Korean too BTW.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@barrybrown wrote:

i have looked into richersounds and there was no offer of a smarthings dongle so i cant claim for that and its in all the ads that they can withdraw support at anytime ,there is nothing other than the missing uhd blue rays that i have been waiting for for a year which came free with blue ray.Samsung have prommised repetedly they would come but they never have i have written to them we will see

It's a bit scary when I retailer says they can withdraw support at anytime. Even Curry's and JL do not say that. I would take my money else where, because they are saying they will not support your TV full stop. Not good.

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:
even if we suggest something like this as a bypass - samung or the retailers will certainly accept this as "full and final settlement"

Yes because it would save a fortune. For a raku costs they would still have profited out of the deal.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Appreciation    what your saying about face book and co, but I think it's good evidence that you have tried all avenues. Also probably the  more people who see this issue the more who may also take action. 

Some should get a full refund, but I think everyone just wants what Samsung promised, that's all. For such a large company to renege like they have done is very odd. That's why even if they brought out the best TV ever I would think twice (if at all). What I have learnt is the difference between these expensive premium TV's and cheaper one's is not a lot for normal day to day viewing. You may see the difference when watching UHD bluray disks on a 65 inch tele when the sets are next to each other. I saw a 55 LG SUHD LCD at Curry's last week with all versions HDR, picture looked  good, perfect for Netflix and the price,  £895.00. So I am asking why a was deceived into paying over £2990, for a TV that will not be updated. I will not do it again.

Paul.

People can make thier own decisions, but ,my impression is as follows

1. Samsung cut corners and thier quality control is very poor

2. Samsung support team are like insurance agents who always try to deny the fault

3. Samsung use decietful practices to sell thier subpar and  not fit for purpose goods, promise features they never plan on delivering

Conclusion: Never buy any Samsung products and never let anyone make this mistake!

I couldn't have put it better.

Paul

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

@paul1277: I checked the edit history on your last three posts, and they haven't been altered as far as I can tell. (Also checked the spam quarantine area in case something ended up there, but nada). Are you able to give me more details?

I mentioned that the Japanese and Canadians were more trust worthy, as they have come up with the updates, with even their customer's having to ask. 

Paul

That one's still there: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Blue-Planet-2-HLG-No-Samsung/m-p/381696#M7430 (posted at 02:23 PM according to my settings) and currently unaltered. I'd strongly advise steering clear of ethnic stuff though. I appreciate the frustration, but I'd hope that you guys are better than that. LG is South Korean too BTW.

OK been told off, won't do it again. 

Paul

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@AntS wrote:

Paul

I was going to mention that as whilst understand reasons why  some may be  irate, felt a few  comments were inappropriate.  Obviously not everyone aware of the origins of LG.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I remember when LG was Goldstar, showing my age now!

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

I remember when LG was Goldstar, showing my age now!

Oh Yes. LG = Lucky Goldstar. :smiling-face:

CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

Had a reply from Currys finally. Anyone kind enough to help me with a reply and supporting documents?

Thank you for your email dated 10th January 2018. Please accept my apologies for the delay in our response. As requested, my response is to your resolver email.

It’s concerning to learn of your disappointment with the service that you have received and the responses from my colleagues. This has been documented on the complaints case number above and will be used as internal feedback.

After checking the details supplied on your email. I can confirm that your product does come with your product and you are covered until the 25th September 2021. Should you have issues with the product working as it should. Please contact our Technical Support Team on 0344 561 1234.

With regards to the Samsung SmartThing. I have been unable to locate any promotional material that your TV was to be supplied with this item from our achieves. Due to the duration of time that has passed, this specific product is also no longer being sold by ourselves and is not on our website.

For us to assist you further with this, please can provide supporting evidence that this TV was meant to include this product. I can confirm that we are unable to open any links sent to ourselves, so any supportive evidence would need to be as a PDF or JPEG format attachment.

Should you have any further queries, we can be contacted on 0344 561 0000. Our lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sunday.

In closing may I thank you for taking the time to write to us. Whilst it is always disappointing to hear from a dissatisfied customer, it is only by receiving correspondence such as yours that we can effectively address ourselves to customer care issues and improve our level of service.

Thank you for taking your time to contact us and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,”

Thanks in advance for any help

Chris