Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 15-01-2018 03:00 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Given Curry's a polite nudge to ask them what's going on.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

I seem to have had my last post censored, why I am questioning Samsung's honesty.  So much for free speach. @AntS ccan you confirm if you have censoyme?

AntS
Options

@paul1277: I checked the edit history on your last three posts, and they haven't been altered as far as I can tell. (Also checked the spam quarantine area in case something ended up there, but nada). Are you able to give me more details?

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@amokuk wrote:

Trial ends tomorrow. Im officially done with you samsung. I will never buy another of your products and i will actively discourage anyone that asks me about tech that you are involved in. Given that im an infrastructure engineer thats a considerable amount of people. Thanks for nothing!

Ditto here, I have swapped my KS9000 with C7 OLED, getting delivered tomorrow, will share some pictures afterwards

I have successfully influenced decision on 5 sets, One went to LGE, one to Pana and rest to Sony and hisense

I work in IT and lot of people contact me for tech advice – no one else is getting Samsung product recommended by me

crashcris
Voyager
Options

Right now there are loads of publicity articles online concerning Samsung's wonderful new tech as presented at the CES 2018. Often there is a comment section beneath these articles. I think the interested customers of tomorrow's TVs would very much like to be informed of how Samsung treat their customers of yesterday's TVs, today.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@amokuk wrote:

Trial ends tomorrow. Im officially done with you samsung. I will never buy another of your products and i will actively discourage anyone that asks me about tech that you are involved in. Given that im an infrastructure engineer thats a considerable amount of people. Thanks for nothing!

Ditto here, I have swapped my KS9000 with C7 OLED, getting delivered tomorrow, will share some pictures afterwards

I have successfully influenced decision on 5 sets, One went to LGE, one to Pana and rest to Sony and hisense

I work in IT and lot of people contact me for tech advice – no one else is getting Samsung product recommended by me

Lucky you, kick myself that I did not get the same. I believed and trusted the honourable Koreans. 

I also now know our posts are being actively censored, as a couple of mine have not got through. 

Paul

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Sam-Knp wrote:

got a call from JL again and they assured me that "they are looking the matter" - lets be hopeful (not overly) but still hopeful

I suggest we give them a bit of time so they can sort themselves out and decide hopefully on the right course of action.

Paul

Agreed. Whilst sustaining the pressure, of course. :smiling-face:

What we have had as Statements from Samsung are "holding" responses. If the person reading them chooses to interpret tham as "EOL announcements", that is the interpretation of the person reading it, NOT the message that was in the holding statement. 

Hence my correcting the pronounced "take away" yesterday. You are free to infer or "take away" whatever you like, but please, don't say that Samsung said something which they did not say, and then spread your own speculation around as if it was the announcement - when it was certainly not any such announcement.

Doing that doesn't help any of us, especially those of us who want the outcome to be promises kept and firmware and apps delivered and are working in that direction. Thanks :smiling-face:

hence the term "takeaway" not that Samsung ave confirmed EOL, implicit vs explicit! :smileywink:

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@amokuk wrote:

Sadly you are deluding yourself paul. Frankly if we were going to get the update they would have said something like

"We are really sorry but we had to prioritise resources and get the 2017 models working first. Firmware updates arr complicated and require significant quality assurance investment to ensure that we dont render your tv into an expensive brick. Sadly this means that the 2016/15 models will not be getting the required firmware update in time for the bbc iplayer trial. Rest assured this update will be delivered to these models by the the time the bbc starts full broadcasts. Once again please accept our apologies."

There you go that took 5 mins on my phone and would have stopped 99 pages of ill will towards Samsung. They don't care, we aint getting Jack and thats a 99.999% fact.

Exactly

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS wrote:

@paul1277: I checked the edit history on your last three posts, and they haven't been altered as far as I can tell. (Also checked the spam quarantine area in case something ended up there, but nada). Are you able to give me more details?

I mentioned that the Japanese and Canadians were more trust worthy, as they have come up with the updates, with even their customer's having to ask. 

Paul

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

keep in touch with them cite clear laws and tell them that trading standards are already on the case, some of them are very good and they will work with you to resolve the matter