Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 09-01-2018 04:06 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Curry's Northampton have absolved all responsibility due to having no legal department!.

I think that goes against the Oct 2015 regs and can not absolve responsibility, and it is up to the retailer to check the law. You have done what the regs say and the retailer has failed to respond with a reasonable response. I would now in form your credit card company, and Citizens Advice for further advice. The good thing is they have not denied miss selling and I don't think they have an answer. Just keep the pressure up. I have contacted Curry's. Richer Sounds, and J Lewis with the full history of what this is all about, and it now seems clear that Samsung are blaming the retailers for giving unauthorised information. I don't think they will like that. 

Paul

Samsung trying to ***** off retailers at a time when they do not have good competing sets, only empty promises - that'd do wonders for their market share!

:smileylol:

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Curry's Northampton have absolved all responsibility due to having no legal department!.

I think that goes against the Oct 2015 regs and can not absolve responsibility, and it is up to the retailer to check the law. You have done what the regs say and the retailer has failed to respond with a reasonable response. I would now in form your credit card company, and Citizens Advice for further advice. The good thing is they have not denied miss selling and I don't think they have an answer. Just keep the pressure up. I have contacted Curry's. Richer Sounds, and J Lewis with the full history of what this is all about, and it now seems clear that Samsung are blaming the retailers for giving unauthorised information. I don't think they will like that. 

Paul

Emailed citizens advice back asking what to do next as the store has seemingly absolved themselves from all responsibility.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Also drafted up an email (to be followed in writing) to the ceo of dixons/currys.

0 Likes
cyenz
Explorer
Options
The proof that Samsung does not care about us at all is that we can discuss freely options on how to get refunds for Samsung Tvs, in any other forum this thread would be closed by now.
Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options
Just read this article on techradar
"If you have one of Samsung's latter-day QLED or UHD high-end TVs like the Samsung Q9F, you're in for a treat. You can stream in HDR10+ now on the units through Amazon Prime Video." - no idea if this will be available on 2016 SUHD TVs - any idea?
0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

Firmware  upgrade for HDR10+  for 2016 SUHD models was promised by Samsung for summer 2017.  I did speak with Samsung support in December and they stated that Samsung have no current plan to provide this upgrade.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:
Just read this article on techradar
"If you have one of Samsung's latter-day QLED or UHD high-end TVs like the Samsung Q9F, you're in for a treat. You can stream in HDR10+ now on the units through Amazon Prime Video." - no idea if this will be available on 2016 SUHD TVs - any idea?

I wouldn't hold by breath on this one, techradar report on news from the usa as well.

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

Email response from Samsung dated 28/12/2017

Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is  *******

As advised there are not current plans to release the firmware upgrade you are seeking. If any future releases are to be made, the information will be provided on the Samsung website.

I am sorry that we cannot provide you any further inforamtion at this time.

If you require additional support, please contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK), or respond to this email and I will be more than happy to help.

Alternatively, you can visit our Support website where you will find FAQs, How-To-Videos and other useful information for Samsung products.

Kind regards,

April
Customer Relations

www.samsung.com/uk/support

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@Jay108 wrote:

Email response from Samsung dated 28/12/2017

Thank you for your email. Your customer reference number is  *******

As advised there are not current plans to release the firmware upgrade you are seeking. If any future releases are to be made, the information will be provided on the Samsung website.

I am sorry that we cannot provide you any further inforamtion at this time.

If you require additional support, please contact us on 0330 726 7864 (UK), or respond to this email and I will be more than happy to help.

Alternatively, you can visit our Support website where you will find FAQs, How-To-Videos and other useful information for Samsung products.

Kind regards,

April
Customer Relations

www.samsung.com/uk/support

Did you ask them about HDR10+, HLG, 4K iPlayer I take it?

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

Yes. 

0 Likes