Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 07-01-2018 12:17 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

Ahh bummer - I paid by credit card which is great, HOWEVER, I’ve now closed said credit card when I decided to clear all of my debt by paying everything off - oops!! Doesn’t look like I can go down this route and IF Currys were to offer a refund (doubt it) then I don’t know how they could as I understand it has to go back on the same card!? Doh!!!

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I am pushing for a replacement and also not hopeful at all.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

Ahh bummer - I paid by credit card which is great, HOWEVER, I’ve now closed said credit card when I decided to clear all of my debt by paying everything off - oops!! Doesn’t look like I can go down this route and IF Currys were to offer a refund (doubt it) then I don’t know how they could as I understand it has to go back on the same card!? Doh!!!

Ring the credit card company and still request Section 75, as you are still protected, and ask their advice. Things like this can always be sorted.

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Suggest section 75 and always be hopeful.

cyenz
Explorer
Options

Getting replaements will be very difficult. Im waiting to see the outcome, to see if samsung will keep their word, if not i will stay away from the brand until they become more consumer oriented as other brands.

rozel
Voyager
Options

I'm finding it difficult to believe that given this is a Samsung com forum that they: -

1.  Haven't taken down the couple of threads (this being one)

2. Haven't responded

74 pages since the 5th December here and absolutely nowt.  It is diabolically disgraceful Samsung!  At least give us something, even if it's not what we want - just be bl**dy polite please!  It's making everyone angry.

Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

Not sure if this is stupid idea...but can we do some kind of petition (likes of change.org) on this whole  fiasco Paul??

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@rozel wrote:

I'm finding it difficult to believe that given this is a Samsung com forum that they: -

1.  Haven't taken down the couple of threads (this being one)

2. Haven't responded

74 pages since the 5th December here and absolutely nowt.  It is diabolically disgraceful Samsung!  At least give us something, even if it's not what we want - just be bl**dy polite please!  It's making everyone angry.

If you do not agree that's fine, but every one is allowed an opinion, it's called free speech.

They may just agree with us and our issues here. There has been no offencive language or attacks on anyone. 

Samsung have misrepresented their products in delivering promises they made and their response has been very poor, with explanations why they will not deliver. That silence is the reason that owners are left with only one alternative.

You are the only person who has been censored for swearing, so if you do not agree that's fine but we are only asking for what our Law protects us from i.e. miss selling.

At this point I must ask do you work for any of the companies who may have been talked about in this forum?

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Hi look at the section 75 route for a refund.

0 Likes
ukpetey
Pioneer
Options

Here’s something else to consider. Some might say I’m getting a bit ahead, or tempting fate, but bear with me. 

Remember how much time and effort you spent researching TV’s before you settled on your Samsung - you know - the one which would show HLG content and come with the smart connect extender? If you were anything like me, many hours, days and weeks. 

Well, if your claims are successful, which I’m sure they will be, then your retailer will probably want the TV returned fairly sharpish. They may be offering a replacement for you to choose, or refunding. Either way you are going to be without a TV. And you don’t want to be rushed into making a hasty decision that you may later come to regret!

So now might be a good time to consider that in the near future you may be choosing a new TV, and starting that research now....