Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-01-2018 02:54 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Thought of a possible way Curry's can get out of this and I hope they do not take that approach lol

I really doubt that either retailers or Samsung have a way out here

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Just sent you a PM.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

More evidence?

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1512472675

What more proof could you want for miss selling.

Paul

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

And for all of you with older sets read this and let Samsung weep.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1483114260

Paul

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

If i win this battle I will have to rip the cables out my wall again, put in some conduit and it's slightly smaller than the quick connect cable, gah!!!

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

And for all of you with older sets read this and let Samsung weep.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1483114260

Paul

Looks like Samsung are full of broken promises and I remember when they announced that as well and thought it was a very good idea, so good they never bothered with it.

All this is cementing the fact I will never buy another Samsung tv ever again, my brother is after a new tv as well and I will do everything I can to get him to go down the OLED route, or another manufacturer at the very least.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Curry's have just responded.

Dear Dale,

Case Reference: *****

Thank you for your email dated the 4th January 2018. 

I am sorry to learn you feel you were miss sold the TV you purchase.  As you have not notified us in a reasonable amount of time after your purchase.  The sales of goods act does advise that if an item is not fit for purpose then you can make a claim but this is referring to the working of the TV.  As this item is not faulty we would not be able to take your claim further.

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Joshua *****

Team Knowhow

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

My response to Currys

Dear Customer Service Team,

Please note the Sales of Goods Act only applies to items brought prior to 2015 so the Consumer Rights Act applies to the purchase I made in 2016.

The time taken for myself to get back to Currys bears absolutely no relevance to my rights as a consumer and the law which Currys MUST adhere to.

The Consumer Rights Act states you have up to 6 years in which to report a product as being faulty, not fit for purpose and in this case NOT AS DESCRIBED so I am well within this time frame so by law you have to offer me a full refund or replacement at no cost to myself as you have mis-sold the TV as it should of come with a Smart Things Extender but clearly did not.

If this cannot be resolved I will be forced to take Currys to the small claims court for not obeying the consumer rights act for mis-selling products and refusing my statutory rights as a consumer to ask for a full refund or replacement within 6 years of purchase.

Regards,

Dale Kilborn

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Curry's have just responded.

Dear Dale,

Case Reference: *****

Thank you for your email dated the 4th January 2018. 

I am sorry to learn you feel you were miss sold the TV you purchase.  As you have not notified us in a reasonable amount of time after your purchase.  The sales of goods act does advise that if an item is not fit for purpose then you can make a claim but this is referring to the working of the TV.  As this item is not faulty we would not be able to take your claim further.

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Joshua *****

Team Knowhow

They are just trying to get out of it and hope you will go away. Point out to them that under the regs miss selling is a justified reason to ask for a refund.  Point out you got this miss information from their web site, which they can check. Also put in the link. Again I did not expect anything less.