Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 24-12-2017 02:43 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

Please keep me upto date with you claims, and it may help others on ***** and other forums.

also Samsung can see the action we are taking. Is it not shameful of Samsung to force us down all these routes just to get them to honour their promises!!!!!

TheChosenOne
Explorer
Options
Yeah sure. Everyone should do the same and give Samsung a hard hitting lesson.
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

Please keep me upto date with you claims, and it may help others on ***** and other forums.

Yes, please do update, although don't expect things to move until after holidays

It is time Samsung getting away with pushing inferior products with tall claims

TheChosenOne
Explorer
Options

Exactly! Now Samsung had the easy choice of updating their 2016, 2015 and 2014 TVs for 4k and HLG support but now they have to either fulfil their promises like the free Smart Things dongles or else pay up in refunds through retailers. So we as customers can get our money back and never would we have to buy or recommend any Samsung products again!
P.s. I am currently looking at LG TV's and should expect to see some price drop for their 2017 lineup.

amokuk
Voyager
Options

It is indeed utterly shameful. Not only that we are forced to this action but that they know how angry we all are but have taken zero action to try and nip this anti samsung feeling in the bud. They know as well as anyone that people posting on this board are the nerds, the geeks, the early adopter, the lovers of technology, the informers of others. For eveyone posting on this board there are 10s if not 100s that either have not found it, dont know about it or simply dont have the time to do anything about it. Their voice will be heard by their next purchasing decision. Our voice however has fallen on deaf ears and im willing to bet that everyone here has significant influence over other peoples purchasing decisions. The fact that we are on this forum and care so passionately should tell samsung that they messed up this  time. Smartthings may have had little consequence but whe you start messing with ways to watch a tv set then you have gone waaay to far. We bought them to watch after all. If it takes using the smart things against you well tough. Thats just blowback.

Good luck all, godspeed.

TheChosenOne
Explorer
Options
Wow beautifully said! Speaking of which we can report this to BBC Watchdog and other news outlets to spread the message of mis selling as it is a serious case in regards to consumer protection. Oh boy, this may even go international as Samsung said it to all 2016 SUHD TV's. Lets see how Samsung reacts then.
amokuk
Voyager
Options

By the way, the fact that ants has stickied this thread tells you all you need to know about what uk customer support think about how we are being treated. They know that this is outragous and they have been thrown under the bus. So ants thank you for standing up for us in the only way you can.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

It's so odd that h e r e is censored!

Keep the pressure after Xmas and New year.

We have three ways to crack the nut, Smart connect dongle, not full HLG support and HDR10+, as I have said I think the dongle is proberly the easiest as it's plastered over the retailers website, so is easy to show you were informed by the retailer of this caperbility. Like I said that is what the Oct 2015 European Consumer regs were written for, to stop retailers making false claims. I hope you all start the process as soon as possible so Samsung might switch us on before the Iplayer Planet 2 HLG ends.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I bet Samsung did not like ants call to report this issue, looks like he might have been silenced and also Phil.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I have also started another thread under "Please give review of Samsung Support". So pass it along.