Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 22-12-2017 01:59 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
Maajid
First Poster
Options

I am a 2016 Samsung SUHD TV owner (KS8000 4K HDR TV) and I'm in the same boat as @James4578 regarding the HLG streaming issue.

ronson
Apprentice
Options

Just to make it clear, as a ks7000 owner, if they don't give us hlg for iPlayer and hdr10+ then it will be my last Samsung purchase.

I'm not going to waste my time supporting a company if I have to post on forums to get them to support the TV's after a few months. Support all the TV's that are technically capable of I'm going to someone who will...

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Still no 4k or HLG for my KS tv!

Ste_A
Explorer
Options
They shouldn't be aloud to call Samsung TV's SMART. It's far from smart when a 10 month old TV can't have a software update. Sony lost my custom due to poor customer service on a brand new TV back in 2010, now it looks like Samsung will too.
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I am now on the phone to citizens advice to see what they can do!

Amazed
Explorer
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

Hopefully not on a Samsung phone..... 😉

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Citizens Advice told me my query will be passed to Trading Standards, also if you were influenced by media reports that may be enough to argue miss selling and a refund. They did say, the more people who contact them by phone and report this issue the more likely Trading Standards would get involved.

H e r e is the contact details or just do a search

03454 040506

consumers@tsi.org.uk

The more the better chance Samsung will do the right thing.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I am still waiting for the reason why Samsung will not update our 2016 TV's. Not a lot to ask is it?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Amazed wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Hopefully not on a Samsung phone..... 😉

No that went up in "flames"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Its shameful the both Panasonic and LG are supporting 2016, yet Samsung are not!