Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Invalid Mac address

(Topic created on: 27-05-2021 07:04 PM)
ByronBear
Apprentice
Options

Our TV (UE40J6300) has lost it's wireless connection to our home network. When trying to reconnect it I'm getting the following message: 

"Invalid MAC Address, call Samsung support" 

Have tried the TV reset function but no luck. All our other devices, phones, laptops etc connect without a problem. 

Our TV is only just over a year old. I have seen posts on other forums about this problem with Samsung TV's. 

Any help / suggestions on how this can be fixed without the need for calling out an engineer would be appreciated.

79 REPLIES 79
Sparky1918
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my Sky router and tried all possible resets and still the same message (invalid mac address contact Samsung support and they said contact DBS it is likely a problem with my tv's mac code inside the TV. 

0 Likes
epness
Apprentice
Options

I don’t know if this was ever resolved by Samsung. This thread goes back a few years. 
My advise is to hardwire the Ethernet cable to your Samsung TV from your router if it’s possible. 

0 Likes
Sparky1918
Student
Options
Thanks but I would need a very long wire to reach the TV from my routers present position and I can't get the router any nearer to the TV than it is now.
0 Likes
epness
Apprentice
Options

You can use the electrical network in your home if it’s built in the last 20yrs or so. There are devices called Powerline adapters that you could use. I currently use this method. I have my router connected to a switch. An Ethernet cable connects to the powerline adapter unit connected to a power socket in the second floor of my house. I have the second powerline adapter in the first floor connected to a power outlet. An Ethernet cable from this adapter goes into my TV. Pretty reliable setup.

Sparky1918
Student
Options
Sounds very complicated to me for the sake of an Internet connection but thanks anyway
0 Likes
Sparky1918
Student
Options
Usually it's 0000, it is on my TV anyway although you can change it if you want to
0 Likes
knames4
First Poster
Options

this doesn't work.

0 Likes
MANLIE
First Poster
Options
Same now been sitting here for hours trying to figure it out
0 Likes
Members_UDszsMR
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a solution? Exactly the same happening to me. 

0 Likes
RayR
Apprentice
Options

This keeps coming up. This is what I discovered.
There are  two components in the TV that can fail and cause the same problem. Both are expensive to fix. Not the part so much as the labor.
Samsung has been aware of the problem for years. They don't care and will be of no help.
You might be able to get a repair person to come, diagnose the problem, wait a couple of weeks have the repair person replace one part only to have the other one fail shortly thereafter. Samsung does not care.
Simple solution: Lose the special little remote. Buy a Firestick from Amazon. Plug the firestick into a HDMI port and use the Firestick remote after signing up for Prime. All the services are there.

0 Likes