Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Invalid Mac address

(Topic created on: 05-10-2017 11:06 PM)
ByronBear
Apprentice
Options

Our TV (UE40J6300) has lost it's wireless connection to our home network. When trying to reconnect it I'm getting the following message: 

"Invalid MAC Address, call Samsung support" 

Have tried the TV reset function but no luck. All our other devices, phones, laptops etc connect without a problem. 

Our TV is only just over a year old. I have seen posts on other forums about this problem with Samsung TV's. 

Any help / suggestions on how this can be fixed without the need for calling out an engineer would be appreciated.

79 REPLIES 79
Binghamton
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to say. No joy found.  I reset the sons server to 8s , after the search it fails. In the info box it shows all 0s. Also the remote is acting up now. Any help will be appreciated

Scott

0 Likes
Binghamton
Apprentice
Options

No joy. Remote is acting up now as well.

Scott 

AntS
Options

@svache: Glad to know it seems to have sorted itself out - however mysteriously. :robothappy:

@Binghamton: In Support > Contact Samsung, if the MAC address has a value, then you'd need to get in touch with your Internet Service Provider for further assistance. If it's blank though, then it's likely the TV will need to have its Wi-Fi module looked at by an engineer.

0 Likes
svache
Apprentice
Options

@AntS: Hopefully it stays this way, the remote was acting up again last night... odd.

@Binghamton: Also, i have read on other forums (not on Samsun.com) that this issue with a MAC address being all zeroes, could possibly be solved by entering the "secret menu" (probably a developer menu of some sort), by doing some key combination (which sadly isn't possible with the smart remotes, you need an older remote for it with buttons like menu, info and such), and change the wifi region to A. It may be worth taking a look into that if you have a remote like that (I don't think Samsung would like me to link to these forums, but a Google search can easily bring you there with some of the words I mentioned in this post :winking-face: ). 

0 Likes
Edqp
Student
Options

@byronbear. on ‎23-02-2017 03:32 PM. I'm experiencing the same problem, but this response is written in such poor English, that I can't understand what the resolution actually is. Can someone translate this or provide another resolution to this problem?

0 Likes
svache
Apprentice
Options
@Edqp: what exactly do you feel was written in poor English?
0 Likes
Edqp
Student
Options

My reply was for @byronbear. on ‎23-02-2017 03:32 PM. But it appears that connection doesn't exist. The grammar is so jumbled, I can only understand the update portion.

0 Likes
svache
Apprentice
Options

@Edqp: I see, my bad, I figured it was in response to the more recent replies. What I get from @Byronbear's 'solution' (if you can call it as much), is that he was looking for the software version on his TV (in the settings), and that his MAC address came back on it's own.

0 Likes
ByronBear
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone. 

I've never got a satisfactory answer as to why our TV's loose their Mac address. It does seem to be 

an intermittent fault. What I've found is that if I unplug the TV from the mains for a minute, then 

plug it back in and turn on the TV hay presto it regains the Mac Address. This is a pain in the butt 

however it does seem to work every time. Maybe one day someone from Samsung will enlighten 

us as to why this problem exists and what the permanent fix is!!!!!

0 Likes
DJay
First Poster
Options

my tv has been doing this for some time now. invalid mac adress/ wont search for wifi... i have done all router settings possible, also have done factory and svc resets (SVC reset was working for a little bit but now no longer will). unplugging  either tv or router now has no effect. seems my wireless module/adapter has completely quit. contacting samnsung was of no use as they keep turning to the router side of problems. i personally think there is no fix for this. gonna be a warranty and replacment i think.

0 Likes