Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection keeps dropping out on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 04-02-2020 04:53 PM)
lauraj21
Student
Options

Having spent several painful hours on forums and troubleshooting with Samsung support I've hit a brick wall and hoping for inspiration please!

My old wireless connection dropped out a lot so I (assuming the problem was my poor connection) got myself a whizzy wired internet connection and router installed. Internet connection is robust and fast on all devices except Samsung TV where it connects for about a minute then drops out. Samsung support say it's not the TV as there is a Mac address showing and TV connects to my network, ISP support says it's not the connection as a laptop plugged in instead of the TV works perfectly.

Forum advice I've follow already: tried both wired and wireless connections, entered manual DNS settings 8888 and 4221, software update and factory reset in various and numerous combinations. Any further advice welcomed as TV is only 3 years old and cost a small fortune.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @lauraj21 

What's the full model code and software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
lauraj21
Student
Options

Software version: 12415BB24DA9-26BB-4031-9578-88E73835F699.jpeg

0 Likes
jhalttu
First Poster
Options

I actually have exacltly similiar problem. It has been from start since I bought TV. I have manged so far with WIFI because that seems to work fine... But now I have updated my router and other equipment... And this problem is still here. It connects to internet via Wired connection and always after 2-10 minutes it drops and says wired cable is disconnected... 

Did you find solution to your problem?

My TV model is QE65Q7FNA

SN 0BLF3SDK300534T

Software T-KTM2DEUC-1310.4

0 Likes
Fixxxer760
First Poster
Options

Having similar issues with my Q8FN. I’ll be watching videos on YouTube without any issues but when I want to switch to prime or Netflix a message will pop up over the video that actively streaming and tell me my tv is not connected to the internet. Had to restart my tv a dozen times yesterday so I made a video showing the issue and tech support wont even look at it. Check it out 

https://youtu.be/pDa-o4YRJPA

they want me to pay someone to come out to my house to troubleshoot a Samsung software issue.

0 Likes
krnothappy
First Poster
Options

I was having this problem for months mostly with Hulu and Wifi first lagging and then just stopping. Now it has gotten way worse. I have two Samsung TVs, one WiFi and the other wired and BOTH need to the power reset almost daily to restore the network. While I love Samsung's picture, this is now at the point I will be shopping for a different manufacturer. Their software development is way more than pathetic. It's incompetent. 

0 Likes