Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet browser cant play video NOW

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 08:52 PM)
superPanda
First Poster
Options

Shame on you Samsung. I bought your overpriced TV and after you disable the twitch application, you would also remove the browser's video support? I'm only dependent on your unnecessary applications. If it could have worked before, why not suddenly? I hope for some expression.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Can-t-play-videos-via-Web-Browser/td-p/928820

27 REPLIES 27
jennx78
First Poster
Options

I have been able to hear audio on twitch within the past few weeks. All of a sudden today I can only see the video. I'm able to stream from other websites and hear audio. 

0 Likes
Fsdj1428
First Poster
Options

Why is it no longer compatible?  Is there something that can be uploaded for flash?  It is very annoying and would have been a deciding factor on purchase. Especially future purchase!  I liked the fact I could watch video on the web browser when I purchased the tv!  

0 Likes
Kallia
First Poster
Options

***** you Samsung

Έκανα την μαλακια και αγόρασα τηλεόραση σας!!!

Στην τηλεόραση lg που έχω παίζει κανονικά βίντεο σε web ενώ στην καινούργια Samsung που αγόρασα,μετά από μερικές μέρες αγοράς δεν παίζει.

Ο σκοπός της ήταν να μου κάνει αποκλεισμό των δυνατοτήτων αυτών ώστε να βλέπω μόνο από εφαρμογές με πληρωμή ,όπως Netflix,apple tv κτλ.

Ρε Μαλακά (Samsung)πήρα την τηλεόραση σου για να βλέπω μέσω web!!

Οκ έχω Netflix γιατί γουστάρω αλλά θέλω και Web..

Δεν θα με φρενάρεις εσύ..θα φας πολύ κράξιμο..φίλη μου ψάχνει τηλεόραση και εννοείται θα της πω μακριά από Samsung!!!

Είχα σκοπό να πάρω και αλλη τηλεόραση για άλλο δωμάτιο......

Δεν πρόκειται να πάρω Samsung ποτέ ξανά ..

Lg ή οτιδήποτε άλλο!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Student
Options

Go here https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/ad-choices/ then click browse, (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚, · will happen
0 Likes
ABW
First Poster
Options

The Samsung Apps are useless! Please fix this.

0 Likes
Emma89
First Poster
Options

Are samsung not trying to fix this issue? ill not buy samsung again, this tv sucks.. i purchase this coz i can play videos via web and now i cant.. 

0 Likes
Tsunamiz
First Poster
Options

Was still using Q80R last week and I can watch videos on browser.

Replaced with Q95T yesterday due to some defects with my previous tv, and looks like the upgraded tv suffers Tom alzhemeir, losing its smart function of playing web videos.

saw solutions on line like playing videos from computer and casting it to tv. That is not how a smart tv of this price be behaving.

bought a LG smart tv of 1/5 of my Samsung tv for my dad, and he has no issue with playing video from web browser.

hopefully Samsung can come up with a firmware update that resolve this issue.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A firmware update is unlikely to solve the issue with playing videos via the web Browser in the near future.    As already explained flash player no longer supported and limitation on HTML5 videos. https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tv-web-browser  Customers ar encouraged to use the video apps,  in cases where  this is not  suitable alternative is casting. 

You may also wish to see this thread : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/can-t-play-videos-via-web-browser 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
WesJvR
Student
Options

Btw. To all the people calling this is a flash issue, no one is talking about flash!!! It’s an html5 video and Tizenbrowser seems to have gone backwards not supporting modern video players. Everyone seems to just want to take the easy cop out and say “it’s flash”.  

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough, however I mentioned HTML5 as well as Flash.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes