Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent sound cutting out on Q80B QLED 50 inch TV

(Topic created on: 04-02-2023 09:09 AM)
MarkBatch
Journeyman
Options
I bought my TV about a month ago and have experienced an intermittent issue where the sound cuts for like half a second around once every 20 seconds. I am running a Sky Q set up just through the TV speakers and when this issue first started I was using HDMI 1 port, I switched the sky q to HDMI 3 (ARC) and this cleared it for a few days then this morning its back again. I tried the xbox which is in hdmi 2 and that also was doing the same issue with the sound which rules out a sky q setup problem. I have down powered the TV and switched it back on at the wall and for the time being its resolved the issue however I am not sure if this will now cure the problem. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I know if I call in an engineer it's bound to all behave itself. Thanks in advance. Mark.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi Mark. Have you tried going into the sound settings and changing to pcm
G G
MarkBatch
Journeyman
Options
I will give that a try. Thank you
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Or check to make sure sky is still set to hdmi dolby rather than dolby plus. Hope it helps
G G
TrebleTA
First Poster
Options
I'm having the same issue, I'm not sure if it's the sky q box or the tv. It's all to do with 5.1 sound. On the samsung 55" s95b,
0 Likes
BrizzleRocker
Journeyman
Options

Please see https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe55s90-with-hw-s800b-sound-cutting-out/m-p/9523461#M94081 as there are known issues with the current firmware.

0 Likes