Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inferior Service for IRELAND's Samsung TV Customers

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 02:13 PM)
AwaitYourReply
Journeyman
Options

I do not understand why owners of Samsung TV Sets across the Republic of Ireland get very little choice on the integrated "Samsung TV Plus". We purchased our latest Samsung TV model during 2023 and I'm very disappointed by it altogether. It would appear that Samsung TV Plus is far better if you are living in the United Kingdom but there is no Irish relevant content on the internet streaming tv service. Any new channel additions that have launched recently on Samsung TV Plus always seem to bypass Ireland. Nothing seems to change or get added which suggests that Ireland is only getting an inferior offering. I have not found Sky Mix and/or Challenge tv channels nor any of the UKTV network channels added some time ago. Neither have I found the NBC News Now channel or CNN FAST channel and so on etc;

Does Samsung have any intention of looking after it's customer base across the length and breadth of Ireland in the same way it does for other countries such as the UK and beyond?

Irish customers deserve a much better Samsung TV Plus experience and not just the bare minimum token service that is currently on offer. Who wants to watch a campfire burning channel on tv each day? I think Samsung Ireland should actively approach the other  main tv broadcasters in Ireland (i.e.) Virgin Media Television and TG4 so that more online catch-up tv and on-demand services namely; Virgin Media Player and TG4 Player are both also integrated and/or added to the Samsung TV service in a similar way that the RTÉ Player is on there. Right now it is too complicated and messy to watch Virgin Media Television on catch-up or on demand via a Samsung TV in Ireland.

If Samsung Ireland really wants to drive sales of it's new tv equipment, it really needs to develop a much better service offering for all of it's customers across Ireland as it is currently not a very attractive sales proposition with it's inferior Samsung TV Plus channel line-up with a lot of obscure or irrelevant content and a notable absence of Virgin Media Player and TG4 Player.

I could not recommend Samsung TV to family & friends based on it's current limitations and I will probably not purchase any new Samsung Television models based on the current inferior service available in Ireland based on my experience to date. I won't be getting rid of my exisiting Free-To-Air digital satellite tv system just yet due to a serious lack of choice offered by Samsung TV Plus in Ireland.

Samsung TV needs to do a lot better for it's customers in the Republic of IRELAND or it risks losing customers and a dip in sales. 

13 REPLIES 13
Members_hd4Bibj
Student
Options

It's like this the main people at Samsung plus need to actually read these comments and start respecting Irish customers as well as the rest of the world.  Samsung TV plus is an absolute disaster in Ireland absolutely nothing only scrap on it  

AwaitYourReply
Journeyman
Options

I completely agree with you.

Hopefully, the people responsible for "Samsung TV Plus" along with those other features and innovations hosted on Samsung TV equipment such as getting Virgin Media TV Player and TG4 Player hosted etc; can deliver the type of changes required for Samsung TV Customers/Viewers across Ireland.

Samsung have been made aware of what is lacking with their service for customers based in the Republic of Ireland at this stage.

Only time will tell what action (if any) is taken to roll out any such new additions/changes for Ireland's Samsung TV Customers in the not too distant future.

It would be a very nice Christmas Gift from Samsung TV  for all Customers based in Ireland if they manage to sort things out!

0 Likes
danurden
First Poster
Options

Well, as of this week the Samsung TV Plus service is unavailable on my TV anyway...co Waterford...support is puzzled...

0 Likes
AwaitYourReply
Journeyman
Options

Well my experience of sharing my feedback with Samsung was passed on and was all very polite but I am not expecting any positive change or improvement in relation to Samsung TV Plus for customers based here in the Republic of Ireland. Anything they did say, which was vague, I already knew or suspected anyway as they referenced programme rights and licencing. They do not seem on the cusp of launching anything relevant for the Irish market as a means of addressing the poor service offering for customers in Ireland.

I really do now regret choosing a Samsung TV once again as Samsung does not seem all that bothered or concerned about improving the service offering for it's customer base in the Republic of Ireland as nothing has happened since with no firm commitments or announcements made to date.

Expect absolutely Nothing from Samsung if you are based in the Republic of Ireland as this way you won't be disappointed!

0 Likes