Swifter
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
Carolz
First Poster
Options

I have Q80T 55" and I have exactly the same issue. I contacted Samsung and they exchanged the tv for me.... the same issue with the new tv. There must me a big fault within this as it's impossible 2 tv's are faulty. I will be writing to Samsung as I do like this tv alot however if they cannot deliver the standard of tv for the price I paid I'll be seeking refund.

0 Likes
ced
Journeyman
Options

bravo samsung, me the back of the TV was damaged when changing the motherboard, I have an unrepaired and damaged TV great

0 Likes
Ed209
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the same issue on my brand new Q80T

Sadly the the TV is great in every other aspect. From the sounds of it this can't be fixed with a repair or replacement, and a refund is the only solution?

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah sadly I think this TV has a serious problem. I thought it was with a batch that the shop I bought it from had but considering lots of people are having the same issue, it looks like an issue with this TV generally. Samsung really need to sort it out because you expect better for the price. I ended up returning mine for the Q85T (they upgraded me for free too!)
0 Likes
Ed209
First Poster
Options

Thanks, sorry to hear that, it's a pretty fundamental feature that's broken, if the TV is being used for gaming.

I'm currently running through the problem with Samsung Support to try and find a resolution. Fingers crossed I will get as good an outcome as you did!

0 Likes
Big4dam85
First Poster
Options

I'm currently having the same issue too with Q80T 55 inch! I only purchased the TV 3 days ago (11th July)

i also have backlight bleed between the black edge of the screen & outer metal bezel! I have a definitive faulty product!

I'm currently going through customer service as of yesterday through phone & they told me to send pictures via email of the problem to the technical team. 

I'm not a happy chappy!

7290DBFF-A3B5-4A17-8B63-3C0A2AA05C73.jpeg

777E8BDB-514D-48CC-9ED8-9B7C89AE0082.jpeg

9DA34DC0-6A88-4862-9008-3D8DF99FA0D3.jpeg

1902ADD2-CDE9-4CE2-A58D-73F458B10F24.jpeg

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

Hey there. Yeah, I would return it. There is basically no fix available for the colouring issue on the Q80T. It also only seems to be on the Q80T as I got the Q85T and it is fine. To be honest, I would get a different TV altogether (upgrade to the 85t if you can afford it)

0 Likes
Big4dam85
First Poster
Options

Hi mate,

yeah I thought it was a model issue, after reading this post!
So is the Q85T model a step up from this one? I had a quick look & no mention of hdmi 2.1 or 120hz available? 
I've bought this Tv from a Very.co.uk not from Samsung, would the option be available to upgrade it even if the tv is not available on the website? 

0 Likes
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

The Q85T is exclusive to EU and Currys I believe. It's a step up from 80T and has anti reflective screen and some other stuff. It does have 120hz and HDMI 2.1. You'd need to talk to very about a refund I think. Although the 85t is only £1499 on Currys at the mo! Down £300 from like a week ago - it's a very good deal and no I dont work for Currys haha 

0 Likes
ced
Journeyman
Options

good luck to you, Samsung France did not manage to repair despite a change of motherboard, the customer service no longer answers my emails and on the phone we do not answer my questions. Samsung especially in France is a disaster in terms of support. I try to change my TV with my seller who must see with Samsung .... in short it is an endless circle.

0 Likes