Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent behaviour of TV with soundbar

(Topic created on: 18-12-2020 07:22 PM)
Garyc123
Journeyman
Options

So I have a Samsung TV and Samsung soundbar.

When I bought them they paired up and worked fine. If I turned the TV off it would reconnect it's self to soundbar within 15 seconds of power on of TV and also power up the soundbar if it was off. This was ideal.

Then behaviour changed, it would no longer connect by it's self and I now had to use soundbar remote to power on soundbar before it connected when the TV used to power the bar on by it's self. Then behaviour changed again and it wouldn't connect at all unless I went through the pairing process, twice. Then behaviour changed again and it would only connect if I manually select soundbar from the TV menu every time TV is turned on.

Then guess what, behaviour changed again - now a new menu appears when the TV is powered on that asks if I want to connect to the soundbar - only if I chose yes it does not work and I must manually connect as before. Then behaviour changed again and this new menun popup only appears randomly and sometimes not at all but in all situations does not work if I chose 'yes'.

So what's going on? Every couple of weeks the way I have to connect to my soundbar seems to change completely.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Garyc123 

That's very strange! Could we take the full model code of your TV and Soundbar please? Also, could we take the current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes