Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbuilt Alexa problem on QE55QN

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 07:22 PM)
Afan
First Poster
Options

Alexa had been working fine on my QE55QN fine for several months, but for the past few weeks it won’t initiate any TV actions. It still works for other functions, such as asking the time or turning a light off, but if I say anything like launch YouTube, watch channel 1, turn off TV, etc. it just says okay and does nothing.

If I trigger the same commands from another Alexa device I get the same result.

TV is on the latest version and on the same network, and power cycled the TV several times.

At a bit off a lost now and would appreciate any ideas.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Afan: Can you try heading to Home > Settings > General > Voice > Amazon Alexa Settings, and explore your options from here? If you refer to the command examples, this may help to determine which actions are possible, and how to trigger them. 

0 Likes
Afan
First Poster
Options

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, this isn’t a case of uncertainty over the commands, these are commands that did work and now longer do. I’d generally turn the TV off using the TV’s Alexa and it just stopped a few weeks back. 

Incorrect commands are flagged accordingly, correct ones are acknowledged with a yes but nothing happens. 

For what it is worth I did look up the Alexa settings just to try some other commands that I don’t usually use, but same result.

it’s almost as if everything works but the final stage of the action on the TV. 

0 Likes