Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my TV is making a strange noise

(Topic created on: 20-08-2020 11:08 AM)
Suds1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Ue48JU6400 TV. I think it recently  started making a high pitched, skull piercing tone. I have tried resetting it. I've been switching it off at the plug at night, would this cause an issue? It had to be retuned last week because of Freeview, could this have done anything?

Does such a thing happen as the TV gets older? I got it in 2016.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Suds1
First Poster
Options

I solved the issue by changing the TV for a Sony which is years older. I'm taking the Samsung back to the shop. 

0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

I used to have a JU6500. Similar I believe but the curved version of the JU6400. 

That tv developed a strange high pitch sound but only occurred on WiFi when using 5ghz bandwidth. When using 2.4ghz bandwidth problem instantly vanished so for me it was the wireless module of the tv making a strange noise. Could this be the issue?

0 Likes
Suds1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I can change the bandwidth on mine. I thought it was something to do with the tv signal from the aerial as there was an upgrade on the transmitter. There was a connection from my computer through my receiver to my tv and I don't know if that affected it. I completely unplugged it from everything and left it overnight, it may have solved the issue. Or the threat of taking it back to the shop may have scared it into working properly. I'll see (listen) what happens.

0 Likes