Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently bought a samsung 8 series led 4k uhd tizen smart tv 50 inches and the fire stick problem

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 04:34 AM)
Options

Recently I bought a samsung 8 series 4k led uhd smart tv 50 inches. Found out after I couldn't download philo on it.  Before this tv I was using a basic "unsmart" samsung tv with an amazon fire stick usb thing that I got prime, netflix,philo,  hulu etc on.  So I was thinking could I just plug in the fire stick usb into the smart tv and then get philo that way?  If so how do I get it to load or will it show up on apps by the ones that were already installed when I bought it.  Bought it new july 2020. I don't want to mess the tv up as I am not technically savvy.  If you know could you give me instructions on how to do this?  Would greatly appreciate. jc   I only have internet,  and wireless modem for that. I do not have cable or satellite or any of those other things. So nothing is connected to tv except some bluetooth apps that i paired for headphones.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @amazonfiretvstick 

Did you manage to get this working? If not, we can confirm that you won't do any harm to your TV by plugging in your Fire Stick, and any apps you previously had access to, should still be available.

Hope this helps!

Options

I have not even started as I was waiting for an answer. I know how to plug the stick into tv and then plug in wall, but what steps after that.?  ie do I have to switch modes or input?   just a step by step from start to finish and then how to get it back to the smart tv after using the philo app on the firestick. If someone could give me the steps I would greatly appreciate. Thank you.

0 Likes