Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm returning my S95b - can't buy extended warranty

(Topic created on: 30-07-2022 02:52 PM)
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Really poor experience this morning with Samsung, TV arrived today, not opened it, spent 2 hours speaking to Samsung, no one could tell me if I could purchase extended warranty, then one person said no after checking the UK website! Really not acceptable that a £2000 only comes with 1 year warranty and no option to extend it. So, it's being collected on Monday, unopened.
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Was it brought on consumers site or student/staff?
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Consumer, direct from the Samsung website.
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
5 year warranty for free on most tvs, if you go on the link for what u brought it should say 5 year warranty. I brought a qn95a and that has one
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
The 5 year warrant is only on the QLED TVs, not the new QD Oleds unfortunately
0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
The 5 year warrant is only on the QLED TVs, not the new QD Oleds unfortunately
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Ahhh no way. That's *****. What about a third party insurance, like you do with your phone??
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Can't he bothered dealing with them tbh picking up a LG C2 this afternoon from Costco for £1350 with 5 year no hassle warranty, shame really. Not sure if Costco sell Samsung but been put off now
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
5 year warranties are a con... Manufacturers will almost always refuse to fix anything that is 3, 4 or 5 years old! They will tell you it's beyond economical repair, refuse to replace it, say you've had x amount of use out of it and so here is a £50 voucher off a new one.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
I've never had that experience, when my laptop died after 3 years, it was replaced with the new model as they stopped making the motherboard for it.
0 Likes