Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm hearing Netflix's intro sound while playing games

(Topic created on: 11-08-2019 12:51 PM)
plasmax
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

it's been a week or so since my Samsung UE55NU7100 has started giving me the creeps.

Basically while I play with my PS4, I randomly hear the Netflix intro sound come out of the soundbar, at an unusually high volume. It happened a few times while playing games and one other time while watching TV through my decoder, so it happened on two different HDMI inputs. 

The soundbar is an LG and it's connected directly to the TV via optic cable.

I do have the Netflix app installed and set up on my Samsung TV, but I don't see why I'm hearing this. It's really annoying and creepy as hell.

Did anybody ever experience this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

34 REPLIES 34
occicat
Explorer
Options
Have a mu9000 as well, well this is my second as the first had dead pixels and the second has dimmer issues hat Samsung Flat or failed to fix.

so the Netflix sound comes on at random times and yes at high volume, even sometimes when I have YouTube open and sometimes it will play a video intro after the Netflix sound comes on even though I have YouTube open.

My advice is to not buy another Samsung Product especially their televisions.
Qled7cat
First Poster
Options

Same,  here but when watching TV - the sound is much louder than when I am on Netflix.  I have Qled 7 have 5gh  Telus Optik.  When I watch Netflix I do not watch it through Telus app due to poor sound.   My tv provides better sound so the Netflix intro is very loud - I assume the sound is louder due to this but do not know the cause of it going off.  

If someone uses your Netflix account at another location can it cause this?   I was thinking I was highjacked.  

It is not nice when I am watching a recorded movie late and it goes off - it is jarring. 

0 Likes
Not applicable
Options

I'm having the same issue. Since July 2019. Although, I don't have a sound bar nor am I using the tv when this happens. My tv will be in sleep mode while the SAMSUNG logo pops around the screen. The intro sound comes on but the screen is still black. It's random times of the day. I have to check my clock everytime it happens to see if it's on a time slot but it's not. 

0 Likes
JJ-SA
First Poster
Options

Thank Gzuzzz I'm not alone!! 

it's happening to me when I have my Mac plugged into my Curve tele and I S#it myself, it all started when I connected my N300 soundbar via optical to my bedroom Tele, I'd switch everything off and true AF 2/3min later at full volume the Netflix intro blasts through the speaker! 
why is this happening? 
Anyone have a solution to this heart stopping mystery??? 

0 Likes
occicat
Explorer
Options

Been doing that for me on a mu9000 75" since the start of 2019. Just the tv, nothing else hooked up to it.

0 Likes
Marcurios
First Poster
Options

Same here, it annoys the "beeep' out of me, please update the app Samsung, don't be a lazy ass, it has been like this for a whole darn year, let those programmers get to work instead of eating out of their noses.

0 Likes
mattdamonism
First Poster
Options

Happening for me, too.  Seems to be around 4:30-5PM the last two times.  I'm thinking this happens after Netflix updates or something but not sure.  Hard to believe it's been an issue since May of 2018, how has it gone on this long?

0 Likes
mattdamonism
First Poster
Options

4:40PM EST, just happened again, that's 3 days in a row around 4:40-4:50.  If that doesn't help Samsung narrow down this nearly 2 year old issue then we might as well assume we're going to have it until the TV dies.  Such a stupid bug that could probably be easily fixed but no one has even started looking into it.

0 Likes
ChrisKrojs
First Poster
Options

Yep since my original post it seems that the issue hasn't been fixed. Still get blown over by Netflix announcing its presence when I'm using anything but Netflix. It's not a solution for the issue but Samsung has refunded me for the TV due to a visual issue that they've tried to fix 3 times but haven't been able to. I might be moving away from Samsung now: 1st TV replaced due to non repairable issue, Netflix loud sound on 2nd TV, now 2nd TV being refunded. I'm a little bit over the whole process. 

0 Likes
Maureen6100
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. We just purchased this TV in December 2019. (Idk the specs off hand but it was the newest version available) As of a few days ago it's happened about 5 times. That loud Netflix into sound comes through while watching TV. Even stranger that intro sound doesn't even come on, on this TV when I turn on Netflix. It used to on our old TV and all the other devices. 

My firmware is updated and I've restarted the TV .  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! Maureen

0 Likes