Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to re-enter the network password on my TV constantly.

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 09:54 PM)
Nckgonzalez
First Poster
Options

Every other day or so when I turn on my samsung TV it says "Error - Unable to connect tot he internet." And when I click troubleshoot the smart hub connection test says "Cannont connect to the internet." HOWEVER, when I go through the network set up the wifi password is still saved AND I get the "Success! Your TV is connected to the internet." But when I go back to the home screen I get the previous two errors again. 

The only solution I have found to solve this is to reset the network settings and re-enter the password on the TV only to have to do it all again every couple days. What is going on?!?!

3 REPLIES 3
lcbjagx2
First Poster
Options

I have 2 Samsung TV's in the house and have been having the same issue for about 1 year now with both so it is absolutely the TV. No issue with any other connected devices (phones, x-box, computers, etc.)  No pattern to it.  Other than when the TV gets turned off most of the time I have to reset the network and re-enter my password.  The password is rarely remembered.  I have U-Verse internet. Did not have this issue when I had x-finity if that matters.

0 Likes
Kelly82
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue and I’m fed up, can’t watch anything without it cutting out. It’s definitely the tv as this one is near the router and my old Sony tv is another room & works without a single issue. 

0 Likes
Bernie Nicol
Student
Options

Try turning off Soft AP in network settings - worked for me

0 Likes