Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I have hard time to find a OneConnect replacement box, please advise.

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 11:14 PM)
northerner9
Journeyman
Options

My 2018 QLED Q7 TV entered the evil reboot loop forever after just 2 years and 4 months of normal usage. It is the first TV failed in my life time and it is the most expensive too. Very low quality and short warranty !!!

I have hard time to find a OneConnect replacement box on eBay. On my OneConnect box, it has many numbers. 

Model: SOC1003N 

Center label: BN96-46074K  (75Q7F)

Upper left label: BN44-00935B

TV: QN75Q7FN (or QN75Q7FNAFX) 

Year: Nov 2018

Do I need to find a box with exact same number for all 3 above ? Or do I just need to match for the model number ?  

Thanks for direction.

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @northerner9 

Have you looked into having your existing One Connect box repaired? You can find your nearest Service Centre here.

northerner9
Journeyman
Options

In normal time, I would visit the repair shop. Recently, the covid19 infection rate is raising in my town. Jumping from 200+ to 1500+ each day. Many people carry the covid19 virus with no symptom at all. I will wait for the whole city to finish the 1st dose of vaccine in next 4 months, then I shall visit the repair shop. At my age, it is better to be safer.

Some people said the capacitors and transistors on the power module easily fail on the Samsung TV product. Many people had this issue over many years. Samsung should recall and repair these TV for free. I see a few class actions on this issue. I will order some electronic parts online and try my luck. 

Some reviews said the OneConnect box can be replaced with new model to get latest HDMI version in the future. This is why I spent so much on this TV. Last week, I asked the Samsung rep at Best Buy, he denied it now. It seems each OneConnect model is only good for certain TV models. Very proprietary and not open at all.  It is not a good investment to spend so much for a low quality Samsung TV product... A very expensive $4300 lesson.... Next time I will buy the VISIO, they have 3 years warranty from my local Costco. Beautiful picture for 1/3 the cost.

Solution
catflap
Navigator
Options

I also want to buy a new oneconnect box because the fan went out a year ago and I don't have a repair contract. I just talked to Samsung on the phone. They said that a oneconnect box can only be repaired. Also said that any oneconnect box you buy yourself probably won't work/work correctly or completely. Because each box is made for a specific screen (the precise one that came with your oneconnect box). If you buy a box yourself there is no guarantee that it will work. You can't buy one directly from Samsung.

northerner9
Journeyman
Options

My oneconnect doesn't have a fan. I got a USB fan and hung it outside the oneconnect. eBay has some oneconnect for bid. Make sure you buy the matching one !! Oneconnect is a great tech. It is a SHAME for Samsung to drop it from most models now. It is unbelievable that one thin fiber cable carries enough power, video and audio signal to the 75" TV !!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Appreciate the self-help spirit and ingenuity, but I've had to remove some posts in this thread in line with our Community TOS policy on DIY repairs. More info on that policy here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-policy-on-dangerous-diy-unorthodox-rep...