Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want Freeview - no tv license

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 03:36 PM)
natalieb1
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung frame TV, as soon as I turn it on it often starts playing Freeview. Is there a way to un-tune the TV so that I cant watch TV anymore or even better get rid of the Freeview part of the TV? Its not plugged into an aerial. I have no intensions of ever watching live TV or BBC iPlayer etc etc. I use my TV for the playstation. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robwri35
First Poster
Options
if its not plugged into the aerial then what's the problem? set it up so it understands CEC and power the PlayStation on and it should auto select the hdmi port. not sure how it can play freeview without an aerial though.
0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
some area peopke live in dont need aerial, because they have strong signal,
what you can do is reset your tv, after reset dont scan for any tv channels, or freeview, radio, sat. ect....
0 Likes
RonaldDonaldson
First Poster
Options
Press the Home button. Navigate to Samsung+ on the apps ribbon. Press and hold the select button (in the middle of the 4 arrow buttons) you should get the option to "disable" as well as "remove". This should give you a dialogue that explains that you are removing channels and that they can be re added in settings. Click disable.
0 Likes