Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t connect my Nintendo Switch to Samsung TV.

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 06:47 AM)
Asylum_Demon
First Poster
Options

It's not problem with HDMI or dock station.IMG_20200404_183831.jpg

45 REPLIES 45
Aussie_IT_Hero
First Poster
Options

The only other thing to try is to hard power off both the tv and switch. More so on the TV side. Unplug the power cord to the TV and wait at least 30 secs then power up again and try re-connecting the Switch 

0 Likes
DavidM5
Apprentice
Options

I also tried every tip I came across - at least twice. Went to the reseller since it was new and they thought it was a problem with the dock and took it in. They said the dock isn’t exactly premium quality and is likely the reason. My problem was a bit different from yours though since I experienced the same on two different Samsung TVs. But it could still be a glitchy dock for you too perhaps?

0 Likes
5amsung-meme
Student
Options

Yes I ended up calling in a Samsung tech and he replaced my motherboard.

0 Likes
HeatherEllis5000
First Poster
Options

The same thing is happening to me

0 Likes
Rocknmandan
First Poster
Options

I have 2 tvs, a Toshiba from 2012, and a Samsung from 2016.  4 switches, 5 HDMI cables, 3 docks, 2 switch power cables.  My family and I can't figure out why they won't connect!  Unbelievable, every troubleshooting problem should be accounted for here!   We updated, or tried to, on both tv and switch.  We power cycled and factory reset every device and updated it.  We tried plugging the cables in, in the right order.  I enjoy the troubleshooting process and It has been hours now, I've tried everything on this blog.  

I was like all the switches can't be messed up.  All the docks can't be messed up.  All the power cabl a can't be messed up.  All the HDMI cables can't be messed up. My tvs are up to date.  My switches are up to date!  What is going on! HELP!

0 Likes
Rocknmandan
First Poster
Options

Samsung tv un55F7100, and Toshiba 39L22U

0 Likes
Rocknmandan
First Poster
Options

They worked 2 days ago

0 Likes
Randomslaps
First Poster
Options

Hi I have tried your method which worked for so many but alas I still can't connect to my Samsung TV? Help please in crying inside for my daughter lol

0 Likes
repairerofrep
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem as everyone else. My Samsung 43" TV isnt even a year old and always had a problem connecting with switch. The switch works absolutely fine on the other 2 (older) TV's in the household.

All TV's I've used has never ever had a problem with connecting properly on HDMI.. since I bought the Samsung. Im furious, its just ridiculous. Issued a warranty ticket. If they cant fix it I cant wait to return it. This shouldnt happen.

0 Likes
TheBack80
First Poster
Options

I just bought a BN68-12880A. It's not even a month old and I can't connect my switch. It will connect just fine to every other tv in the house. I don't believe it's the switch. If it wasn't such a pain in the butt, I'd return the tv.

0 Likes