How to view Google Photos on a Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 04:05 PM)
David2021
Student
Options
I have two Samsung smart TVs, the model numbers of which are:
  • UE43RU747
  • UE43TU7100KXXU
I also have a Samsung Galaxy A21s mobile phone.

I have Google Photos albums on both my mobile phone and on my iPad. I would like to be able to view those photos, if possible, on one or both of my TVs. In the belief, possibly mistaken, that to do this I needed to install the SmartThings app on my mobile, I did this and connected it to the second of the TVs. I was unable to do so with the first TV. Please let me know what else I have to do to be able to view the Google Photos. 
3 REPLIES 3
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
basically pull down the top menu (the one with loads of buttons) click on smart view and search for your telly, if smart view is not on that menu search for it in the settings 👍
0 Likes
David2021
Student
Options

Thanks AshS20.

SmartView has been superseded by SmartThings. I have installed that on my mobile and connected the mobile to my TV, but I can't figure out what to do next to view the photos.

ImplementWatch
First Poster
Options

I am also looking for a solution to this. I want to cast my Google Photos album to my Samsung 55AU7700 Smart TV. I also want the TV run through the photos in the album when it not being used as it happens on Andriod-based smart TVs