Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off hdmi auto detect.

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 03:18 AM)
Kev043
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, Could someone let me know if I can turn off the hdmi auto detect using the button combination on my qe49q67ratxxu and the exact instructions on how to do so, Samsung please allow a settings to turn this off it's really starting to do my head in. Thank you very much for the help.

11 REPLIES 11
Official_Block
Navigator
Options
I have no idea as I do not have a Samsung Smart TV. Sorry.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Please stick to one thread. I made a suggestion in your original thread, did that not work?

Also see Solved: Disable Auto-Detect and Auto-Switching Features - Samsung Community - 636822 which shows auto detect cannot be turned off.

0 Likes
Kev043
Apprentice
Options

Sorry didn't mean to make a double post, I followed the instructions to disable the auto switching but I'm not 100% sure if it's working, I've got Anynet+ disabled input signal plus disabled, I've got my raspberry pi4 on hdmi2 and every time I switch it on Samsung picks it up as a PC and renames my setting of RPi4 to PC, I'd just like it to get picked up as unknown and keep the name that I want RPi4.

0 Likes
nashb420
First Poster
Options

Yes this “feature” is worthless and aggregating for me. Every single time I turn on my TV it tries to detect what kind of device it is, which it’s never able to because of my hdmi switcher. This one thing that seems like it shouldn’t be a big deal is because it happens every single time I turn it on. There has to be a setting to turn this off but I don’t wanna hit the wrong thing. 

0 Likes
nashb420
First Poster
Options

*aggravating* 

0 Likes
stealedcircle
First Poster
Options

hey im using a rocketfish 4 in/1out switch and my q60a wont see anything else on the switch. what can i change to keep usinf it?

0 Likes
Dangvisual
First Poster
Options

The fastest way to do this is to simply hit the exit button the minute you turn your TV on and it will abort the auto detect

0 Likes
borako
First Poster
Options

NVM 

0 Likes
Jdpbk
First Poster
Options

Then why even comment? Lmao

0 Likes